Hello, fellow Takens

Hi, I have been posting here a while and lurking even longer, but never really introduced myself I guess. I used to be a big MMO gamer (played Allods, Guild Wars, ESO, SWTOR, and others) but haven’t done that for a while now. I keep coming back to the ARPGs in my life, namely Titan Quest and Grim Dawn - I’m just a few hours short of the 1000 hour mark on GD now. :smiley:

I especially like playing with off-meta stuff to see if it will work, and experimenting with sometimes oddball builds. GD enables that very well - just one of the many reasons I love it. TY, devs, for such a fantastic game.

Hope all of you reading have a great day/night, whatever time it is for you.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face: Nice intro.

Oh, heck yeah! I started with Diablo back when it released. There was a thing after Doom was played out, to play Diablo alone in the dark. I had one friend even tell me he couldn’t, “It’s too scary”. Those day *nights rather are long gone, though the memory remains.

I’ve played Dragon Age: Origins maybe 6 times, Awakening, Divinity: Original Sin and am still trying to make time for the second, Grim Dawn totally awesome game (First I played with controller fully. Diablo with a friend, though we never finished it), tried some other ARPGs also though mainly a Diablo fan. When Grim Dawn came out and I had play it, I added that to my suggested list. Dark Souls and Elden ring I cannot go without mentioning, as they are what took my time from ARPG iso/top-down games.

I also had fun with MMO, Arche Age Alpha was a blast. I started with FF11 about 7 months before 14 was released. So many people came back to 11, I skipped 14 until ARB. Ran a guild for about 3 months before quitting. Played ESO for a short period. Didn’t play SWTOR, though I did enjoy SW:KOTR.

I love me some RTS Star Craft 2. Played Dune when I was little, tried to play Star Craft though it was hard. The space theme made it confusing for me to find what the objective was and in space there’s not a whole lot to guide you. I must have been 9 at the time.

Other than that I have been giving Indies a try. Here’s a few if you’re looking for some interesting mechanics. Mages of Mystralia very interesting game play features, though not very long as I remember it. Indivisible also a different approach to a game style I am used to in Final Fantasy, totally worth checking out. Then there’s Absolver, I think is the first time I though somebody was trying to do a free roaming MK. For Honor has do it fairly well also.

Though what brings me here is Farthest Frontier. I sense a Rimworld meets, Cities: Skylines and Sim City style influence. I like the survival games, played a few (Flame in the Flood and Outward come to mind). I think with a builder game, we’re going to get that “Everything will be okay” feeling and the game will test that theory. Which is good. Thinking about how civilization forms, those types of test/influences are the drive or experience to develop beyond problems we can. Then approach the ones we couldn’t when it’s more realistic. So, I am interested to see how the devs will develop the progress and solutions, to the problems they plan on giving us.

Anyway Nice to meat you :slight_smile: Have a great spring :tiger: