[Help] Global change to marketDepreciation

Hello, I am disgusted by the capitalist pigs that we have for merchants in this game. Did you know that they buy your items for only 2% of their value? I’m so triggered rn. I’d like to change marketDepreciation so that picking up tons of greens, porting back to town and doing it all over again isn’t such a big part of the game (I just don’t find it fun).

I have managed to change the merchants in Act 1, but the list of merchants is huge and the task of going through each and every one of them to change marketDepreciation to something more reasonable is daunting. Is there any way to make a global change?

*without knowing
can’t you just change the pricing formula “as a whole”/globally in like engine table or something?
at least feel like i’ve seen a “general” table entry include something like that

I don’t like it either. so… I stopped doing it. I don’t even pick up items I don’t intend to use. And I’m still financially OK. Try it.

1 Like

Well of course you are, you’re missing out on 2% of an items worth. Easy to say when you have already accumulated a lot of capital, not so practical for someone who went broke buying mandates and merits on HC :slight_smile:

'Tis as I suspected, itemcostformulas determine the value of all items. Changing it makes all merchants sell things for insane amounts, as well as still only paying 2% of an items value when you sell something to them :slight_smile: I’ll look around some more.

LE: I gave up, it was a lot easier to just modify the faction NPCs. I have set marketDeprecation to 78% and added an extra zero to their purchase limits, the default was cringe. The rest of the merchants can live on the free market they voted for :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t share wealth between my characters. It would remove part of the game, which is accumulating capital.