Help me build Harry the has-been, a washed up accident prone alcoholic with an attitude problem

Im not ending, that was poor choice of words on my part- ill be playing this game for years to come. I moreso meant winding down on build experimentation. Ive tried just about everything, though updates like the MI update refresh the environment, so im hoping theres several more like this past one, but where Crate is reaching the end of game development for GD we all know thats not entirely likely.

The area where i still have lots of exploration to experience is HC classless. Ive built a bunch of characters in that mode, and where it has its own seperate stash and relative blueprints its felt like a new game again when ive played it. Most of my gametime goes into that mode nowadays. So, not ending play time, but moreso reaching the end of builds. Which will have taken me 4+ years to do, so thats a credit to GD build diversity.

2 Likes

The Solael component is reliable for triggering devotion abilities without constant attention, pretty much fire and forget as it will always proc if cast on groups of enemies. I will admit, the theme in soleal component ability is not fitting for this build, but its able to consistently proc Hungering Void which is the representation of Harry’s heart disease (health degeneration). Oleron’s Blood needs to connect with a target to have a chance to proc and has a 3.5 second cooldown, whereas Solael has zero cooldown and i can paint a whole screen full of targets in a few quick clicks.

Ultimately i chose Solael for the above reasons, despite its not being thematic, as it is an ability from a component, is not that visually distinguishable/noticeable, and doesnt require me using a piece of gear thats also not thematically fitting.

That other shield is a thought, but lacks resistance values other than Physical. The build, while janky as a mofo, is simultaneously attempting to survive amidst it all, however unlikely that may be. Right now, with Faction rep so low my Augment options are practically non-existant, i am relying on the shield for some resists which are paramount in Ultimate. I am open to using that shield if i can find a way to not hurt my resistances doing so.

This piece made me think of Harry:

3 Likes

Dude, Enrage! I didnt even think about that… This could be fun alongside Berserker’s Cowl. I wonder what other debuffing effects, if any, are on other MIs…

There is also a pistol that has Enrage …

1 Like

It’s actually THIS prefix Frenzied that grants the enrage proc. So if you are lucky most of your MI weapons can grant you real rage :rage:

3 Likes

No shit, i am going to start farming SR with your vit caster in that case! Hey on the topic of prefix/suffix, what happened to “of dancing shadows” suffix? I cant seem to roll anything with that suffix anymore, tell me it wasnt removed

Dancing Shdows should still roll on pants and boots. But affix loot system was changed few patches ago, so you are more likely to get affixes relevant to the damage type of MI items. For example Frenzied should be available on most weapons but will have higher chance to drop on physical/bleed weapons I guess.

1 Like

Hey, I found Harry’s weapon for real, all you have to do is respec into Grenado: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9372

Enter a dangerous state of mind that leaves little room for doubt and second thoughts.

1 Like

These pants?

1 Like

Oh yeah he already uses those bad boys!

Harry at level 95!

3 Likes