[Help] Movement, Attack and Castspeed

Since I have a hard time modding Grim Dawn, I’d like to know If someone could help out.

There is this Mod:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37795

Which is obviously outdated but does exactly what I want. So, how do I create one myself, that basically does the same, just keeps me in a 1.0.2.1 Custom Game?

So simply, a Mod that makes my Runspeed 200%. Attack and Castspeed at like 2000%?

I would appreciate quick help on what I need to use, what to do. I followed the PDF-Modding Guide, but it is still confusing. I modded Witcher 3. I modded Skyrim and Minecraft, but GD gives me headache, or maybe I just suck?

So I ask you guys for help.
Thanks!

that stuff was fixed a long time ago:

Fixed exploit by loading a custom mod then loading the main campaign.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44585

As I said, keeps me in a 1.0.2.1 Custom Game! :smiley:
I’m trying to figure it out myself now, I got my own, empty Mod. I just wonder where and how do I edit the Attack/Cast/Movementspeed?
I extracted files, made a new mod with a name. I could now build it obviously, but it would do nothing

yep, I should actually read instead of skimming through it, checking the link and assume things :smiley:

/records/creatures/pc/malepc01.dbr and
/records/creatures/pc/femalepc01.dbr respectively
would be the two to check out

Character Parameters/Character Speed in the TreeView on the left inside the DBR editor.

I usually change the characterRunSpeed to 1.1 otherwise I feel like a snail :smiley: might cause issues if you go too high and reach the cap

those are probably in
/records/game/gameengine.dbr

Okay, first thanks for helping me out!

I open the DBREditor. Open the gameengine.dbr - edit all the stuff I want, but how do I put these changes into my mod? Thats always where I have issues with. Honestly, I would just love to use the simpleandcheat one with the current version but it doesnt really work so well :smiley:

Edit: https://i.imgur.com/onsb5pd.png
This is what I did so far. It should work but it also says the Devotion Cap is 50… which confuses me since my Game is Updated. Let’s assume it works, what shall I do with the edited gameengine.dbr now?

if you have the xpac, the files for that are in
/mods/gdx1/
you should get the gameengine.dbr from there

after the values are changed back to Asset Manager and Build the mod with
menu: Build/Build
or hotkey for it: F7

currently there is a bug at least with the Devotion cap, just tried it again with 59 for fun and it was still at 55, some fields work fine others are currently bugged

Jesus, I somehow deleted my DLC. Currently downloading 1.8gb’s to start again, the other DBR… was the wrong one :smiley:

Well, I downloaded a Stash Mod and created a “game” folder for the gameenginer.dbr in there and just copied it in.

Mod -> database -> records -> game -> gameengine.dbr

I copied it in the Stasher V8, do I have to build it again, or will it work as it is?
I figured if I only wanna edit these 3 things, I might add it to one of my favourite mods :smiley:

hehe.

yeah you have to build it every time you change something. It builds the mod.arz again and *.arc only when you build it with AM and that’s where the game is getting its information from.

Okay, thanks! I hope it works, I will let you know in a bit, I need to learn a lot about modding.