Help requested for a Dagallon's firestrike purifier (Resolved)

i find a lot of help here that any other thread in this forum so thanks to y’all. definitely will try some of your theories and ideas as i build other characters.

2 Likes

Thanks man.

It took more than a month to finalize the build but IMO it was worth it, especially when I see others get inspired by the whole process and learn something out of it.

1 Like

Thank you CyanSam, you did the impossible and changed my mind about reading other peoples builds. Your build was the first one i ever analysed fully. I also built a Dagallons Firestrike Purifier but he was useless compared to your one. Excellent Work CyanSam. You have determination in spades.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Good news about the new patch: The build didn’t get nerfed and on the contrary got buffed because of the changes to the hydra constellation… 4% adcth was added to one of the nodes bringing the base total adcth to 17% and that’s a undeniable win in my books.

Yep, Hydra buff is very nice for the build. Also now trying to fit in buffed Spider + Throne but it’s gonna be tough to do. Quill and Candle aren’t necessary but I’m coming up a couple points short when I try and substitute them both. Will keep trying to see if it’s possible.

Also I finally got my Ignaffar’s drop! lol

do you have the devotion steps for your purifier i dont see it on your post?

Vote! https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/poll-does-fire-strike-needs-another-buff/88652

I’ve put the grimtools link in the first post. Do you need the step by step guide?

yes, cause i didnt know how you fit ulzuins torch with only sailor and solemn watcher on primordial. im lacking 1 point on the torch

Question: can the three firestrike sub skills be used in melee weapons? or are they solely for range items?
Another question which is about farming, do you guys farm in campaign or just in SR and Crucible?

The devotion setup I’m using now was not like this before. It has changed over the time so I can’t tell you which constellation to take first to get to the final one but, you should know that in order to get some constellations you have to take some you don’t need then remove the point from them after you got what you need. for example in order to get the solemn watcher you have to get eel, sailor’s guide, revenant and blue crossroads, then remove all the points from eel once you have solemn watcher.

I the case of farming, if you need materials you can farm campaign and rogue-like dungeons but, if you’re at a point that you just need legendary items and blueprints then you can farm in crucible and SR (preferably SR for more loot in the long run).

Did a crucible 150-170 on gladiator for the first time with my build in 8 minutes. (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2g9aoBZ)

It was a light show and I didn’t know what I was doing, which bosses were going to spawn and what to expect in general but, everything melted in front of me and I could easily facetank. It was fun :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi , I’m a newbie and still farming lvl ,i have a plan for end build dw purifier but can’t test and don’t know how it work ,so i want everyone can give me suggestion.

This is my build : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25J6BBV
( i think bane relic is better ignaffar hmmmm … i don’t know ).
Thanks all and sorry because my bad english .

There’s a saying, the best defense is a good offense.

Your devotion and item changes have made the build tankier but I think you sacrifice too much offence to get there.

Could be better for hardcore than the OP though.

I’ve been thinking about Bane too, a bit less damage but the overall bonuses seem better than the ones on Ignaffar’s combustion.

The proc on it may even be better than ignaffar’s on this build being a auto attacker with high OA…

Thank you for your suggestion
i read guide of lacrimosa ( nightblade ) who ran SR to 107 and he said u need high armor if you want to run high SR . So i made build tankier and sacrifice offence as little as possible . if you have any ideal can improve damage, please give me :smiley:

Update: using Fluff’s recent Dag build as a guide, which is centered around the FS chaos conversion to fire/lightning (brilliant), I switched around my devotion path to lead to Abomination, which is the big differentiator in the build.

I also managed to farm a pretty sweet Kai ammy, literally couldn’t believe it when it dropped.

The difference in dps with Abom proc fully leveled is significant, essentially you’re getting a nuke (edit: “steroid” prob better terminology) with 66% uptime, not factoring in any CDR in the build (am I right assuming cooldown starts at proc activation, not after it finishes?)

I’m able to farm SR60+ no problem now, and I’ll prob try and reach a bit higher just to get to a nice farming level without having to sweat too much, maybe 65/66. But I’m very happy that I’m able to grab the full SR set now so mission accomplished for sure. This is probably it as far as this build goes for me now, unless something happens to it in the next patch lol.

Def give Abom devo a try if you haven’t already, Sam. It’s the real deal.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoB1GBV

EDIT: finally got a good Mythical Combustion ring to drop, swapped out Seal of Blazing Inferno placeholder for it