Help wiht loading game on correct moniter

Hi the game refuses to load on my main moniter and I don’t know how to force it I launch through steam and it’s really frustrating.

How can I force it to launch/be on a certain moniter (note the moniter I want it to be on IS my main moniter so I have no clue why it prefers the other one.

I am not very computer smart, so let me see if I got this correct. You are using two monitors. So when you say main monitor, we will call that number 1. Monitor 2 called number 2. So when you start Grim Dawn where is the quick launch button? Is it on 1 or 2?

Make sure the short cut for Grim Dawn is on the monitor number 1, the monitor you wish to use.

when main moniter i say when i go into settings for my moniters it syas 2 is my main moniter.

How do I change which number my moniters are seen as?

As I said I am not very computer smart, so please bear with me. First off you using a laptop or desk top? Second, are you using Windows 10.

I will speak from my point of view since I have a laptop and it shows me my laptop screen as number one, and my monitor or TV as number two.

This is Windows 10, so not sure if it will be different for you.

Go to Start and then Settings.
Go to Display.

You should see a big rectangle and a small rectangle. Click on Identify. What does it say? Since I am on the TV/monitor right now, it says number 2 for me in the bigger box. (I guess it’s bigger since I set number one to shut off.)

Scroll down. You should see multiple displays.

Then where it says Multiple displays you have 4 options. 1)Duplicate these displays. That means both screens show the same thing. 2) Extend these displays. That should make it one bigger screen. Not sure if this is your setting or not. 3)Show only on 1. 4) Show only on 2.

I still don’t know what you have or settings you have, so I am guessing here. I set my display as 2)Extend these displays to try out. (not I have the rectangles the same size since I am using extended display.

Right now, my TV says 2 and my laptop says 1. Scroll back down again where you see Multiple displays. Check on the box that says Make this my main display.

See if that works for you.

If that doesn’t work for you, I need to know what you are using, how you are using it so I cant try and help you better. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if it doesn’t work.

Scroll back up and click on the identify button.

So i have moiter 2 as my main display and it just won’t put it on my main display anymore, even though it was last week.

I don’t know how to change which moniter is read as 1/2 and couldn’t find that out from google so its very frustrating.

How do you start Grim Dawn? Do you have a short cut on the screen you double click? If so, where is this icon. Is the icon on screen one or two? If it’s on screen one, can you click and drag the icon to Screen 2.

I am trying this out. Let me see what I can try and figure out.

Ok try this.

Go to Settings>Display. (the screenshot you took.)

Click on 2.

Then scroll down and see if you can find Multiple displays. You should see a box that says “make this my main display”.

Weird thig is, it already says your 2 display is the main one.

Do me a favor. It might help me. I am one of those people who need to visualize things. Can you take and post a pic of your two monitors? Have them side by side one. Then tell me what monitor you want and what number it is. It would be good if you take a screen shot that you do it with the Identify on it.

I am stumped now.

edit

Last thing, maybe it’s the screen resolution. 1680X1050. Have you tried changing the screen resolution? Try putting the resolution to 1980X1200 and see what happens.