Help with Cold Trickster Build

Hi forum,
I recently built a cold trickster with as much lower resist and DA I could find, and I have no problems with main content and I can manage rouge-likes most times, but I have trouble with celestial bosses. I can kill lokar and jhon bourbon if im careful (they take some time tho), but mogdrogen and FG crate boss destroy me. If anyone can take a look and offer some advice it’d be welcome.

Build: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jlbmjZ

My guesses are that perhaps ive got not enough OA to proc consistely my devotions on superbosses or not enough DA to not die to criticals but dunno what to do to solve this. Or invest in blade trap for the -%DA maybe.

PD:I cap (or almost cap) the remaining resists with potions.

blade trap will not work against anything that has +100% trap resists (like most bosses)

some other ring components perhaps, and some life steal

a way to get more DA and OA on trickster is to use savagery as buff. I.e. get transmuter and tenacity of boar and attack with savagery now and then to get stacks active

1 Like

About the ring components, i want bloodied crystal or runebound topaz to up a bit more my defenses but i havent got the recipe yet so dont really have many options, at most mark of illusions for the 32 DA but i dont think it is worth loosing that extra cold dmg i get from wraith.

Hmm never thought about using savagery as buff, since i do get the full 8% dmg reduction and oa/da buff from a single charge right? Ill give it some tests later and tell you how it went.

you get physical resist, not damage reduction

you get +% elemental damage on mark of illusion

think about getting ghoul devotion

blazing ruby is just an expensive corpse dust

you also have low attack speed and 0 slow res (savagery stacks will fix this too)

1 Like

Savagery skill line is must for any Trickster.

Even if you don’t use the skill itself,it offers bonuses like DA,OA and slow res.

Elemental %damage will give you equal bonuses to all three different elements,so mark of illusions is good component.

1 Like

I know it’s Physical resist, my brain tripped sorry haha.

I know about the elemental damage but, i only benefit from the cold dmg and wraith has it too, so its kind of a trade of OA for DA changing components.

I thought about getting ghoul, but the only way i see myself getting it would be giving up korvaak or ultos and both are damn good constellation so that would need a pretty big devotion reset. I can try it, but perhaps when i’ve exhausted some other options

Don’t know why u talking about blazing ruby, U mean i should change the amulet component?

Im off to get the 6 extra skill points ive got left from quests to get savagery up, it does look like a good solution.

Skip some ring of steel points

I just meant that it was pretty non-nessecary to craft blazing ruby when you already have basically same effects from common component

You dont deal damage if you are dead, not having life steal on a melee char is a pretty bad idea to say the least

1 Like

Ghoul was slightly nerfed,but even so it’s a almost necessary for melee builds.

I am not sure of Korvak devotion.Ultos,Murmur and Amatok are enough for cold.I would rather pick Dying God than Korvak.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZy67DwN

I just got ghoul, im just sad I had to sacrifice a couple good stars to get it, this is how it looks now (- the skill points i still have to get)

have you looked at this build btw? [1.0.6.1] Mekeritrig, the Tormentor - 2H Cold Savagery Trickster, Gladiator farmer (9") + Ravager

yeah i just got ghoul, gonna do some runs to test it now.

Dying god? really? I do get a lot of oa, but its just 25 DA and some chaos res, the skill basically useless too if u take the crit damage out so I don know about this one

Dying God is used,when you have available devotion points.The main appeal is crit damage and 10% speed bonus.I changed my Trickster dw setup to include DG and manage to do insane Crucible time.

Ofc Revenant+DG is really god tier combo for cold build,when you can add Amatok and Ultos.

No, i dont look for builds online.
I dont like copyng builds because since im still learning about how everything works I dont really understand what makes a build strong, When I finally get a good grasp on the mechanics ill probably do it.
That said, ima check this one, it looks similar to mine and I can probably get some tips.

Revenant was indeed an option when I was theorycrafting for devotions, and i already got amatok and ultos, still, im not so sure about DG. I’ll keep it in mind tho, if savagery and ghoul dont work ill do a devotion reset.