Help with HC Blitz SSF build

Hey all, haven’t played much in a while but just started up again some, and kind of getting into HC for the first time.

Here is my build so far: Warlord, Level 72 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Feeling super super tanky so far. Damage was bonkers and is still pretty decent at lvl 70 but it’s slowly falling off, and I’m assuming it probably won’t keeping scaling and might fall off soon.

How might I rearrange devotions to get Tip of the scales? I’d imagine more -resist is my best bet for damage.

It’s also been a while so I couldn’t remember… Does Warcry’s flat physical resist debuff stack with the flat all resist debuff from tip of the scales? I thought I remembered that they did since they were technically different but both debuff to physical as well.

Also, is Targo’s hammer just terrible? I honestly love using it it just doesn’t seem to do much as you get further into the game, and the points leading up to it aren’t even that amazing.

Anyway, any advice or link to a HC blitz build would be amazing. I find it gets difficult to find what I am looking for specifically sometimes, but I know people here are super knowledgeable and find stuff pretty quick.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Here’s an endgame Blitz build. I would check his devotions route; as I recall two separate sources of flat rr don’t stack. Can’t really check your devos because I’m on mobile. Budget build below.

Tip the scales and warcry won’t stack, as any other source of flat rr (only the strongest source apply). The only sources of RR that can stack are -X%. However, your warcry has 7.5 s cd and only 5 s duration, so you do have a downtime of 2.5 s where you won’t have any flat rr if you are only relying on warcry. Tip the scales would give you 20 rr during that downtime. With that being said, Tip the scale is taken on physical builds also for sustain purposes, but you do need some vitality damage converted to physical damage for it to shine. If you look at the Earthmover build Foehammer posted, he has vit to physical conversion on both his chest piece and shoulder piece.

I think you have too many expensive devotions to fit Tip the scales. You need to give up something in order to get it with your current setup. You currently have zero life steal so Tip the scales should improve your sustain considerably. I am not a hardcore player though, so I am not sure I am the right person to help you. The one obvious change would be to replace Rhowan’s Scepter with Assasin’s Blade to get that 1 point. Assasin’s Blade is picked in every phys build, so it is interesting you decided to skip it, especially when going for Oleron’s Rage (the OA buff is great to proc Assassin’s Blade). If you have Light of Empyrion, you also don’t need Warcry since 2 sources of reduced damage don’t stack. Both Ulo and Shieldmaiden are expensive constellations for only 3 blue and 2 yellow, and the fact that you have 2 yellow points to spare, then I would suggest you to remove one of them and replace it with a cheap blue devotion, such as Hound. I was able to fit Tip the scale while keeping all you T3 devotion procs in this Devotion map: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOdEKv2. I am not sure Vire’s proc is worth it though since the reduced phys damage won’t stack with your reduced damage from Empyrion. Therefore, you could skip Vire’s proc and do a more tanky setup like this: Warlord, Level 72 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator. I think those 2 last Obelisk nodes are too god to pass. If you prefer Ulo instead of Shieldmaiden, then you could do this: Warlord, Level 72 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator.

With all that being said, if I were to play Blitz Warlord, I would just copy the devotion map from the Earthmover build from grey-maybe, but I am a softcore player. Maybe Obelisk proc and Shieldmaiden are worth the loss of Dire Bear’s constellation on hardcore.

1 Like