Help with my WoP purifier build

Hello everyone

I’m just about to get my first character all the way to level 100
I have a few sitting between 75 and 90, but they don’t work as well as this one does.

I’m looking for feedback on how I should move my skill points and devotions around and what end-game gear to look for.

I’ve tried to look at the forum’s build compendium for inspiration, but there are very few Purifiers based around elemental damage and WoP in there. (Am I doing something new or just something no one cares about ?)

As far as performance goes, I haven’t tried crucible or anything like it, my resistances are low and my current gear is mostly trash. I feel somewhat tanky with my circuit-breakers and devotions, but wish it was a bit more efficient.

Playstyle: I cast WoP (+elemental storm) on everything (Usually enough to kill trash mob), then look for choke-point where tougher mobs and elites can only reach me one by one, like doorframes and such. I cast a few seals on both me and them and drop thermite mines at their feet. During that time, I cast flames of Ignaffar on whatever is in range. If they hit too hard, I drop seals and Thermites around the room and kite until they (along with WoP) has softened them enough to resume facetanking.

Looking for advise from experienced players to make this both tougher and maybe more efficient, and advise on what gear I should be looking for next.

I’m open to changing a few skills (FoI is a recent addition) but WoP is staying: I like it too much.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62akR3gZ

Thank you!

Anyone at all ?

FoI isn’t that good without proper item support
In your current state you might try this without significant changes.
Dont know, what items do you have, but strongly recommend use offhand for energy regen and Seal of Destruction as filler. Also change relic for Ignaffar Combustion for more RR and some items to have 3 mortars

1 Like

Thanks for the advise

Since my last post, I have reached level 100, switched back from FoI to SBoE, crafted a Heart of malmouth Amulet and found a (badly rolled) enslaved wraith to boost it. (I’ll post a proper Grimtool link once I get home)

My issue with Mortar trap (and with Inq. Seal and Thermite) is that since they are pseudo-summon, they will not proc devotions (at least, elemental storm won’t proc). I need at least one direct attack besides Word of Pain. I have thought of moving the points away from Seal into SBoE to make it stronger, or maybe trying out another attack entirely like BWC or Grenado… Or maybe change my devotions so I won’t need one (Spear of heaven ?)

Thanks again for your help
I will get Ignafar’s combustion, move away from FoI completely, rework my devotions to include the lantern and craft some seals of destruction

Anything I should remove/add ? (Maybe Ultos ? is elemental seeker good ?)
What components besides seal of destruction should I be looking for ?

Any build you know of that works kinda like mine, for inspiration ?

I don’t know, what are your expectations and how far you want to go with the build.
For inspiration you might check my bi elemental puri, though it doesn’t use WoP

1 Like

I just want to make this build as good as it can be and see how far It can go without my inexperience being the limiting factor… I’m not expecting awesome performance, seeing as the builds that do are tweaked tightly by folks who know what they are doing.

I’m starting to have a good grasp of the mechanics, but I lack the knowledge of a seasoned player to make it truly shine (what gear actually exists that would work, best practices… )

Where i’m at now

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoBzAlV