Help with Shieldbreaker build (fire/physical)

Hello! I’ve played a few of this community’s builds and I’ve finally found the stamina to try and do a build of my own. Thank you for taking a minute to read.

I started this build around physical and fire RR. Originally, I meant to be primarily Righteous Fervor and Smite, but I didn’t find a lot of gear to balance Fire and Physical Damage as well as boost the skills. I landed on the Virtue’s Light set which shifted focus more to Aegis of Menhir and the Mythical Soulblade that shifted damage more to Fire.

I’m hoping to make something SR 75+ viable with the OA/DA targets of 2900+, HP of 15k+, and Resistances overcapped 20%+. I’m not quite there and I need feedback and advice on how to adjust. Thank you!

Interesting build you have here. Dual Damage is very tricky to build but is pretty satisfying when it works (and it’s the only way I build characters).

If you wanted to go WPS (buffed Smite and Shattering Smash) and Righteous Fervor you could try something like this build I made:

Works pretty great and damage is pretty damn good. Lost a touch when Shattering Smash bonuses were nerfed but still has it!

I’ll try to take a better look when I don’t have crappy phone service.

If you wanted other class combo/skill options I have 5 total Physical/Fire builds:

Thanks, this is great! How do I link to those builds in your screenshot?

I tweaked the build slightly, but it seems like the damage is really lacking

Looking at your build and digging around in grimtools builds looking for the ones you shared I came across a build that had a lot in common, but instead of Aegis it used the Justicar Guard set and Judgment skill. I tweaked it into this

It looks like it has stronger damage, but I have a hard time telling what damage is viable. There are so many variables!

The picture is a screenshot from my phone when searching my messages. I’ll send you a DM with the GT links.

If you wanted to keep a Dual Damage build, then you wouldn’t want to have your items convert all physical damage to fire. Both of those builds you posted are Fire based builds and no longer Physical/Fire.

In my Shieldbreaker I linked earlier, I tried to use items to get buff both Smite and Shattering Smash with higher %Weapon Damage and to get them maxed at 20/10. I also was focusing on pushing all the flat sources of damage such as Flame Touched, Temper, Safeguard and Rebuke. The final finished build is pretty much even split between both damage types.

The other thing you should have for a Physical build is the Maul Devotion from Dire Bear. The -35% Armor at max level is essential to boost your Physical Damage. :+1:

Good points and I agree your build is most closely aligned to my inspiration for a Fire/Physical Shieldbreaker. I think I’ve gone over all the gear in the GrimTools database and I don’t see any other Skill support that doesn’t convert damage to either Fire or Physical. How far were you able to get in SR?

I think you’re right that this is too tricky a build for me. But looking at the retaliation synergies with Righteous Fervor and Aegis of Menhir, does it make sense to do a Fire and Fire Retaliation build? I tweaked my first build into this

There’s 86% fire/elemental RR and the damage is focused on Fire, Burn and Fire Retaliation with 16-24% of Retaliation added to the attacks. To my untrained eye, damage looks a little wimpy compared to other builds and the survivability seems borderline. What does it look like to you?

Retaliation isn’t my cup of tea and I have no idea about good numbers for that build type. You do need to get a source of “Reduced target’s Resistances” like what is on the Revenant, Scales and Manticore Devotions. There are other sources of it as well. Just get one form of that RR to boost your damage. The % reduction from the Viper constellation is different and stacks with the flat reductions.

Your retal dmg is lousy tbh. Values should be about tenfold.
Fire dmg is quite low. 2800% modifier should be your aim.
Leave Rattosh, not sure why its there.