Help With Werewolf Thane build

Hello , returning player here . Was looking for some advice for Bleed / Pierce werewolf build . Feeling lost with the new staff a bit . Regarding skills i suppose i go with ww basic attack , Rip and Tear , Leap and warcries . By the way Form of the Beast is good for a Werewolf build ? It seems more of a Wereraven skill for me .
Second , which constellations do i pick ? I started with the Fox and going now for the pierce constellation at the left of the Crossroads ( don’t recall the name , i think Mantis one ) . Someone over at the Discord suggested i pick Huntress and bind Rend to basic attack . Someone else also said that Howl of Mogdrogen damage buff is good for Rip and Tear . Should i go for it ?
I’m also lost regarding Soldier skills . I suppose i pick only the defensive ones like Menhir’s Will , one point to Military Conditioning then ?
Last but not least , do i pick the dual wielding skill of Berserker mastery , just one point ? Any help would be really appreciated .

WW Rip & Tear and Leap seems excessive. You can probably put one point in Leap, or get it from equipment and use it only as a mobility skill, mostly to get you out of melee.

Form of the Beast is great for the ww. It’s 20% max attack speed will come handy if you can cap your attack speed with equipment and Squad Tactics from the Soldier tree. Which should be easy to do. It’s +10% All Damage is also very strong.

For devotions, use this tool to help you plan it: Grim Dawn Devotion Planner. It makes it easy for you to search for the stats you are after and plan it out. But while it’s ok to go after your damage types, I suggest you add Solemn Watcher for tankiness.

I hold a dim view on bleed damage in later stages of the game. My own experience tells me it doesn’t scale as well as other damage types. I’d prioritize pierce and let bleed be your secondary nice-to-have damage type. So, no Huntress. Besides that’s a very expensive constellation for the benefits it offers.

In Soldier I would perhaps try the two bottom rows of the skill tree only. Menhir’s Will, Field Command and its modifier, Military Conditioning and Veterancy and whatever leftover points in Decorated Soldier.


This advice I think will help you clear the full content of the game in Ultimate. Whether it is a good option also for the endgame content I can’t say. But at that time you’ll have a good feel for the build and will be able to do more informed decisions about your skills, devotions and equipment.

1 Like

Form of the beast is a God Tier skill, no matter were you are, wereraven of werefolf

I think you’d be better off theorycrafting a grimcalc build and then posting it here.
I also think it would be best if you could choose only 1 damage type (bleed OR pierce) and then focus your gear and devotions on that. Inquisitor or nightblade is a better option for piercing combined with berserker.

Here’s a possible build if you want soldier/berserker as a starting point Thane, Level 100 (GD 1.3.0.7) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator