Here are a few Diablo-clones I've enjoyed (Links inside!).

damn that is amazing. wish i had teh ds1 thing when i was hooked on ds2 back in the day :smiley:

Speaking of Divinity, I rather like the Dragon Knight Saga (a.k.a. Ego Draconis + Flames of Vengeance). Loved that you could not only be a smart ass in dialog, but get replies in kind.

Below Lokiā€¦probably none, lol. I tried my hardest to enjoy it , no luck. I have talked to a few people who genuinely enjoyed it though.

Ohhh wait. Iesabel was pretty sadā€¦ I didnā€™t play it much but it looks like ass and plays like ass and devs dropped it soā€¦ any bugs/broken multiplayer issues are still there, years laterā€¦

I know Flix mentioned this already, but Iā€™m interested to know from those who have played it; what do you guys think of Shadow: Heretic Kingdoms??

Iā€™m intrigued by the ideas it presents and of course am always keen for another isometric arpg, though have yet to take the leap with this oneā€¦

Plus you got to fly around as a dragon! I loved listening to the merchants bicker in the market place, one sold weapons and fish, the other sold armor and meats. They had quite the rivalryā€¦

Anyone play Fate? Graphics look terrible, but Iā€™ve heard there is a solid game underneath.

This FATE?

Itā€™s OK. Recently picked it up on sale, played it a lot several years ago, when WildTangent was a thing. Itā€™s an odd combination of Torchlight II meets Diablo I.

Game balance is out of whack, though. Really only two or three endgame-viable builds.

Speaking of Dragonsā€¦

anyone ever played Draken?

That was my game back in the day. So freaking hard (for me at the time, total noob) Never beat it thoughā€¦ cheated my way through half the game then started a new save legit andā€¦ the disc was scratched so I got stuck and gave up forever.

I did enjoy it though, lol

If I recall correctly, some of the folks that worked on Torchlight came from the team that made FATEā€¦and some of the folks from Diablo went to work on Torchlightā€¦

Probably why I love Torchlight so much :slight_smile:

No but Iā€™ve played the other Drakkhenā€¦

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Shit, I played that too, lol.

I guess Tree of Saviour is kinda like this?

>Drakkhen mentioned

Swell with constellations and nightmares.

Holy crap, lol. Iā€™ve never played the game enough to see any of thatā€¦ Spooooky

Hi Luna!

Been checking out a few of the games you listed and there are some proper gems, I think Legend of Mir is a game that spoilt us for many games in the futureā€¦ playing it back in the day I was on Phoenix Server and spent many hours even just stood in Bichon Wall watching the social drama happen ! It was great and I miss the feeling that game gave you when you accomplished something like being able to take on WT solo or the fights that broke out when EasternHuntClub or KoS tried skipping the boss queue at Evil Centipede!!. Anyway, I have tried many many games trying to find the fun LoM2 gave and I am yet to find oneā€¦ at the time Diablo 2 was amazing and still is now donā€™t get me wrong but the interaction and community of Mir was something else. Sorry, my question is this: Do you play Mir now? I see many servers like Arcadia etc but am unsure whether or not to put in the time? Just wondered if you have any experience on them or could recommend anyā€¦ also I have just discovered there is a ā€œLegend of Mirā€ mobile game that was announced in July this yearā€¦ looks really interesting you can check it out on youtube.

Cheers!

Wow I didnā€™t know they were releasing for mobile! I will check it out. Sadly I havenā€™t played for years now.

While Pillars of Eternity is a great game, I wouldnā€™t include it on the list. Itā€™s true that combat resolves in real-time, but you have to pause it to give orders to your party and select from an extensive list of skills/spells. Gameplay is more tactical than Diablo-clone games in that you need more than just reflexes or pressing a hotkey at the right time. If anything, itā€™s a Baldur Gates clone than a Diablo clone.

And Original Sin has turn-based combatā€¦

Forgive me, itā€™s just the OCD in me.

Now for something constructive: If you have not yet tried Divine Divinity, the ancestor of Divinity Original Sins, you have to. It has Diablo-style combat set in vast sandbox world with actual storylines and quests, and the old Ultima-style gameplay. Crafting is done by combining items in the inventory, so to make potions you move mushrooms into empty flasks. You can interact with almost any object on screen, and you can find secret doors and trap-doors by moving barrels and crates around. And the music is grand.

Victor Vran is a pretty decent game. Itā€™s by another small development team. Highly recommend it. Itā€™s a diablo type game, but you got rolling (no Iframes) and jumping. If you can get it on a steam sale for around $10-$15 itā€™s worth it.

Few things to note about Victor Vran. Mobs scale to your level. Mobs in later areas of the game can spawn with considerably worse ā€œaffixesā€. There can be some ridiculously OP combos. Like regeneration + armor + immune to crits. If youā€™re running a crit based build using weapon types without much armor piercing, you basically ignore them and move on. I consider that a balancing issue that needs to be addressed, but some of you might not agree.

From hearing talk from others, the most OP builds in Victor Vran are the ones who use gear/items to boost overdrive gain to spam demon powers. Most of which ignore armor entirely, and hit for consistent, reliable damage, and there are no affix combos that can completely shut them down. Whereas if I attack with a scythe using a crit build for example, one hit might do ā€œdeflectedā€ damage and only hit for 30-60 damage, but the next hit might crit for 2500 damage. Iā€™ve seen single digit hits followed by 4 digit hits consistently in this game. This explains why crit builds are screwed vs affix combos like described above. No crit = no damage. Or so little there is no visible impact on the mobā€™s HP bar. And what little you do gets regened back almost immediately. So yes, damage can be extremely random in this game. I find the mechanics to be really odd. But itā€™s still a fun game.

Like Iā€™ve previously said I shouldnā€™t have used the word clone in the title; people get funny about it. Itā€™s more a list of action RPGs that remind me of Diablo. Having enjoyed Diablo I thought that Iā€™d list any others Iā€™ve played or have seen that I could think of. :slight_smile:

Tree of Saviorā€¦it has the same camera perspective and I suppose you could play it like Diablo, but it doesnā€™t have the same loot system.

ToS is probably the best MMO Iā€™ve ever played (which is saying something, considering the fact that I hate the MMO genre with a passion) and itā€™s a great game on its own merits: It has an awesome character development system, great combat, fun world to explore, beautiful environments, good music, works well with a controller, and moreā€¦but the company supporting the game, IMC, isnā€™t doing the game justice. Almost every weekly maintenance patch, a new game-breaking bug is introduced that may or may not get fixed with next weekā€™s patch, or in some cases may last for months. There was a bug that caused people playing in parties together to freeze in place, with relogging as the only remedy. This caused a lot of people to leave, and my friends (who recommended the game to me in the first place) ended up quitting outright because of it. Some people I know canā€™t even get the game to run, bots are everywhere, etc. The playerbase has dwindled to the point where other people are rarely seen outside of towns or dungeon entrances, so itā€™s mostly a single-player experience.

TL;DR: Tree of Savior is definitely worth trying out, but unless you can deal with bugs try not to get too attached to it, or wait awhile and try it again once the game is more stable. Iā€™ve played ToS quite a bit (and still do from time to time) so if you guys have any specific questions about it, feel free to ask.