High SR Grava'thul Issues

I’m playing a stormreaver savagery/totem vindicator right now. And in general I’m having pretty pretty consistent shattered realm runs. No bosses in particular are causing trouble aside from grava. And to be honest I don’t fully understand his mechanics. Grimtools is down right now, but in the past when I’ve looked at his attacks in the monster database I could never figure out how he was melting my hp so fast.

I know he’s basically impossible to melee if he has his fumble pools up. So I tend to try and just kite, dropping totems behind me as I go. I also know to run away from the two tracking red projectiles.

I know he has dots, but I don’t know what damage type they are? Does he have resist reduction? I was wondering if he deals “life leech” damage? My build has -25% life leech resist, but I’ve honestly never seen that res on gear apart from the valguur set bonus and some other necro gear.

Any tips would be appreciated, because he’s really the only thing really slowing down my SR farming right now.

Fire two projectiles that remove your buffs and deal extreme damage. He has a very noticeable rather long animation for this.

His wing flap attack reduces your resistance by 28 i believe.

He has a double punch that deals high physical damage and reduces your damage by 63% for three seconds.

He has a gap closer that causes skill disruption if it hits.

His aura deals chaos damage, reduces your health by 28% and total speed by 20% and everytime the damage in the aura hits you it has a chance to summon a chaos pool that deals chaos damage and causes 50% or so fumble and impaired aim.

He deals chaos, physical and i believe fire as well.

For tips, overcap fire and chaos, same procedure for all bosses with RR. Get as much as armor and physical resistance as you can. You can actually remove his aura but only Nullification and Ulo devotion proc can do that.

2 Likes