[Homebrew Build] The Mamba. 2H Poison Gunslinger Apostate. SR36, Ravager of Minds. No ascendance augments

So after the miserable time trying to make my aether gunslinger apostate work, reworking her to an aether 2H melee and then to cold drain & rune of hagarrad and still being a failure, came up with a whole different approach on a gunslinger based in poison that after a couple of revisions actually worked for my intended goal of clearing SR36.

Mamba.rar

GAMEPLAY

  • Place runes of kalastor & ravenous earth between you and the mobs while shooting vitriol like an unemployed discord mod. Use dem’ swift feet to run back when enemies don’t die. Rinse & repeat.

Normally I build my characters with more safety measures. But since this one has plenty of movement speed, good dot damage and decent damage mitigation I went for a more glass cannon aproach.

After a few days of noticing it took quite a while to clear SR36 compared to my other characters, I started reading other build threads noticing their characters having higher acid dmg percent than my gunslinger.

What should I do? Just add more damage.

Changed some skills focusing on the neglected wps. Changed a few devos and changed a couple pieces in the build along with doing some heavy rerolling on ascension upgrades.

My char Is nowhere near @AdamNavel Machinegun Acid Paladin, but it’s definitely much more lean clearing SR36 with these changes.

1 Like

good job on this one :), btw I didn’t actually tried with mine Paladin high SR, but I think 34-35 is the edge possible. Why you didn’t took non MI’s basic green ring with ascendancy +3 to Reaping Strike [5% chance to be used, 20 degree attack arc, +1 target, +50 vitality damage (that converts to acid)] by weapon? The difference in damage numbers mostly because of +101% crit damage, without that modifiers if reduce it, I will loose about 45% total damage, that’s why I choosed Divine Mandate instead of Path of the Three that was boosting acid\poison directly