How about adding more bosses with vire's-might-like dash skills? (dasher/skater)

enemies (both common mobs, champions, and bosses) in grim dawn who possess movement skills are only grouped to the blitz (charge to target) and shadow strike (tele-strike to target), with the exceptions of valdaran (teleport himself and player) and father kymon (leap aoe to general area where player stands). there might be more enemies with unique movement skill like valdaran & kymon that i forget, so cmiiw.

anyway, i think enemies/bosses that can use vire’s-might-like dashes to player’s general area (they charge into grounds around where player stands, instead of charging directly at player) will be an interesting challenge for players, because they can be unpredictable in where and when they’ll charge. also, as they’re charging, they will deal damage to any players/pets in their way to their target ground, differentiating it from blitz like dashes. perhaps they can also leave a lingering damage effect like fire and stuff on their dash trails, to limit players movement when dealing with those dasher/skater.:snowboarder:

i don’t know how it will affect the balance of combat, but enemies who skates around like dark souls’ skeletons with spikey wheels are pretty tough to defeat in my experience, but also somewhat satisfying to kite around, due to their somewhat unpredictable pathways.

:exploding_head::snowboarder::snowboarder::snowboarder::snowboarder::dash:

important edit (4 sep 2020):
ok, in case readers doesn’t get what i described above, here’s a grim illustration popping in my mind when describing blitz and vire’s might:

edit: a bit correction on vire illustration, the orange line is not the pathway for vire charge, its a line that acts as limiting edge for possible pathways enemy will take

1 Like

The fact that you can’t tell there are enemies with that skill already says everything you need to know about its viability as a monster skill. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

oh? so they dash so subtly in silence… dang it, i’ve been tricked!:neutral_face:

oh well, maybe i just want to see more big bosses dashing around madly around the battlefield like giant flaming pinballs.:truck::fire:

1 Like

I think those animated armor guys do a little charge to get close to you.

i just realized, the aetherial wisp spirits thing that kites around like ranged mobs while throwing single instant projectile aether bolts at players is a good base model for this pinball skater enemy i wished to see.

this aether pinball truck (yes, thats the prototype name) will behave like that aetherial wisp above (kiting around while throwing ranged attacks here and there). but when its vire’s-might-like skill is ready, it will charge like a bull/truck passing through (not into) players, and also leaving a lingering aether aoe behind its trail.

or maybe just make it skate around while avoiding players and leaving aether mess everywhere on its trail. also it shoots players endlessly while skating around. now i wish we players can also skate around while slinging projectiles and spells at enemies without having to stop kiting to shoot/casts.

In fact, I’d love more hidden bosses with phases and requires more strategy/tactic to kill, rather than only about survival/dmg. :smiley: For example, Wolcen is a very shallow game, but their boss design is quite good.

1 Like

Subtle? Yeah they are so fast they might as well be teleports, but I know for sure Korvaak has one.

are you talking about korvaak in his super saiyan form (phase3 - fire blades on hands)? iirc, in that phase he teleport to player’s location, then do several aoe-slashes around him while standing still after teleporting.

thats not the same as my giant skating burning pinball analogy. if it were, korvaak will dash past player with fiery slashes around him (also leaving a burning trail for several secs). bonus awesomeness if he does that again once or twice more. dashing back and forth. instead of teleporting and dancing on spot while player just move 5 meter away and watch korvaak slashing empty air.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.