How am i looking for stats at normal setting!

Cool, I will read more and learn better. thank you again for your help. I guess I tried to make a pure soldier high in everything. I guess you can’t play the game like that due to mixing spamable too much you have to cross-train I wanted to be strong in the shield and two-handed weapons all at the best I can. I thought all skills maxed as best as I can max them would make a super soldier. :slight_smile:

I guess this would be an example of a pure soldier. How did this guy get all those soldier points?

A good link to read up on.

ok, I did a new setup/devotions on my guy and this is my new setup how does it look now from before?
I’m not as strong in weapon damage as I hoped but it works more for a soldier look.
my DPS is only 8254 now :frowning:

I updated my stats and changed out the shield for a better fix.

To give you some ideas (the general build concept is called 2-handed Forcewave spammer - needs high casting speed). Only belt and medal has a suffix (to show you which are good to fix the resistance hole) [edit: and weapon to show you which one could work, the ring is from your build], otherwise rather bare (means: no affixes on MI’s - no augments in armor slots, only invested the necessary skill points to make the character work, etc.)

Thanks for the advice I will try that fit if I can find the stuff or make it.

I mean, you’re using a weapon that boosts Blade Arc, and you have more attack speed than casting speed, yet you’re using Forcewave. And you’re also using two shield devotions while not wielding a shield. That kinda defies the common sense.

I understand that as a new player sometimes experimenting is really fun but Grim Dawn, while it has excellent diversity in builds, experimentation can be brutal if you have no idea what you are doing, especially when it comes to Ultimate difficulty.

I would suggest checking out beginner guides either from Grimtools (Beginner Builds - Grim Dawn Builds) or here : Beginner build guides Compendium (for AoM + FG expansions). If you are into Pet builds you can check out this reddit post as well : https://www.reddit.com/user/MayaGD/comments/qel59g/mini_carnival_pet_guide_reddit_edition/.
RektbyProtos is a known Grim Dawn streamer with guided Youtube videos, so you can check that out too.

Having said that, your build is not dead, so don’t worry. The advise given to you in this thread holds true ,respec is cheap in this game.

yea, I was planning to use the shield and I hate blade arc it’s not my style of play. ill work on my devotions again I can’t seem to get a good weapon for my damage types it kind of sucks.

I maxed blade arc out to 20 and tried it but it used too much energy vs forcewave which used less.

I’ll read up on all that thanx for the info.

Of the skills you used so far (Cadence, Forcewave, Blade), which one comes closest to your preference (keep in mind, Forcewave is only spammable - means used without coodown - if you use a two handed melee weapon)?

And keep in mind, most builds in Grim Dawn are not single mastery as a second mastery typically adds some necesary bits (even if one mastery has a much stronger focus than the other)

I’ll keep in mind what you said thanx for the help.

my latest config.

I am still having problems with my resistance and other things. on elite

How did you measure that?

I’m not sure what you mean by measuring that? it is just what my DPS stat said I could do 17486. it might have just been a bug. My DPS now is 6456.

More or less - most of the stuff said last time is still valid (exception: devotions for shield build). The weapon you use is a monster infrequent (MI) for blade arc (check the boni on the weapon) - while it is not imperative to use the weapon for the skill designed for, for spam forcewave there is a much stronger MI weapon (you will see a rather impressive damage gain if you change the weapon). By now, you should also have at least +3 to Soldier mastery (amulett [Mogara’s Fang], belt (either devil’s crossing faction belt or an Ugdenbog Girdle), relic (Juggernaut)).

As spam forcewave scales with casting speed (while Cadence and Blade Arc scale with attack speed), it is good to have a higher casting speed (e.g. by weapon suffix “of celerity” or e.g. by component in the gloves slot [you use spellwoven threads currently which provide +8, restless remains are imho a bitte better because of the attack damage converted to health] - vicious jawbone in the medal slot however does almost not add anything (beside the %physical damage bonus and cunning))

There are much better components than Polished Emerals, e.g.Mark of Illusion (for rings, but there is also much better stuff for the head armor). Also there is almost no reason to use Bristly Fur if your resistances are not capped (and even than - there is almost ever a better choice). Resistances should really be (almost) capped by now - even if this would mean a damage loss. You new pants still have no component (one scaled hide would bring your armor absorption to 100%). And remember, some components are only craftable and are no random drops.

Currently you have no attack damage converted to health - which should be changed (something around 10%), as it will be your main sustain feature. One of the reasons for Soleal-Sect legguards in the grimtools I posted here last time.

And last but not least - around level 50 - 60, it is time to start to think seriously about enemy resistance reduction - as it will increase your damage. Currently you have Terrify (not the worst choice for three points - however, with +3 to soldier mastery, three points inversted in Break Moral bring the better result). A key devotion for physical damage builds is Assassin’s Blade, as the proc provides (if levelled to max level) -32% physical resistance reduction.

And finally, asking specific question might be more helpful to you, as you can get much more specific feedback - just posting a build it not really helpful.

I will take into account what you said thanx.

i am playing in elite now and so far it’s okay.

Enjoy the game - and if you run against a wall, fell free to ask (but don’t be upset if we say “fix your resistances” again.)

I redid my devotions but I don’t know if the damage gained was worth it this way. Is 40% reflected damage reduction worth more than 1500 damage added?

I am still working on my resistance as they are still low. I am playing on elite. the DPS is 10890

You can easily almost fix you resistances for Elite if you change some components (see head, shoulder, medal - I have also changed belt and gloves components but this edits have other reasons [gloves - attack damage converted to health, belt - armor bonus])

While reflected damage reduction is not unimportant for physical damage builds, it is not the one you need to worry now that much now. There are components that can later help to fix it. It also only plays a role if an enemy in fact reflects damage (the number is rather rare) - and even than reflected physical damage has to pass your physical resistance and armor. It is more problematic for Internal Trauma damage - as there only physical resistance help to limit the impact. In the worst case there will be a low number of deaths because of reflected damage - but in general more damage will lead to a more pleasent gameplay.

And as you have now decided to go Warlord - here is a leveling guide I made a while ago - perhaps the information in there are helpful for you:

I only had two of those components I could use and it helped a lot with my resistance, thanx for the help

Which one is/are missing?