How are shipments of food making it from Homestead to Devil's Crossing?

Is Homestead sending wagons laden with food through the Mountain Deeps, Deadman’s Gulch, Smuggler’s Pass, on down through Broken Hills and the Arkovian Undercity, then through Old Arkovia and finally Cronley’s Lair?

If they take the rebuilt Twin Falls bridge to Old Arkovia they can avoid some of that but they’ll still have to go through Cronley’s Lair to get to Four Hills, since the road is blocked by wreckage.

This somewhat smartass question is just my way of making an appeal, if there’s a feature update on the way, to please allow us to clear some more roadblocks/build some more bridges through Act 2.

Possible solution to the topic question: allow the player to clear the blocked road between Twin Falls and Old Arkovia (from the Twin Falls side). Now the poor Homestead mules don’t have to tromp through dungeons.

Untitled

Another good candidate: connecting Broken Hills to Old Arkovia (with a bridge from the Broken Hills side).

Untitled2

Buy why? How does any of that help me farm [Boss Name] quicker?

I dunno man, I just like wandering around Cairn, especially Act 2. I remember in early access you could walk overland from Devil’s Crossing to Smuggler’s Pass without ever having to go underground. I get why the maps were changed to make it more linear and straightfoward. The lore reasons given for all the roads being blown out also makes sense. But we know wreckage can be cleared and bridges built; rebuilding is one of the themes of this story. The Twin Falls bridge made me really happy when it got added. I think these would be cool ones to have too. If you put the construction/demolition sites on the far side of the divides, it wouldn’t disrupt the intended flow.

Another one that might appeal to Steps of Torment runners would be building a little bridge from Broken Hills to Arkovian Foothills.

Untitled3

5 Likes

My honest guess? - Diala Thornsbury.
Why her?
As we learn in her quests she is kinda like us, a traveling adventurer in disguise of simple farms woman & on top of that the daughter of the mighty & rumored Necromancer Uroboruk.
I think it wouldn’t be far fetched to say that she has some interesting abilities of her own seeing that we also meet her later all alone & surrounded by corpses in the AoM+FG DLCs.
Maybe she is able to open some sort of rifts on her own, can phase through things… who rly knows but she somehow must have made it to Malmouth on her own without crossing the void like our taken did.
And as we know the only other route was completely covered in aether fire & transformed. :wink:

My idea as to how Homestead made important food deliveries. :grin:

1 Like

I like it.

I didn’t think about it until you said it, but Daila or no, the official answer would probably be something related to riftgates. There’s some evidence that once our hero secures a rift, then other allies can freely use them to travel to other secured rifts, even if they’re not arcanists. Makes sense that they could send shipments as well.

1 Like

well yea… it’s big part of the “gimmick” of getting the army to malmouth too :sweat_smile:
thought it was pretty “established” ingame that rifts were being used by others once the Taken had “unlocked” them?

Honestly we don’t see much of that. Amala and Bourbon coming through the Fort Ikon rift in Act V is about it. Every other time that happens, the Taken was always present as well, so I had kinda assumed the Taken or another arcanist needed to do something to bring people through a rift, same way as when the Taken rescues people in the wilderness and sends them to town. How does a Black Legion soldier or a Homestead farmer know how to navigate through rifts? Who knows where they might end up or what riftspawn they might encounter. The path overland might well be safer if they’re careful.

guessing same way they did to necropolis?
or same way the army did to malmouth
or as you mention forth back between Fort Ikon and DC

Well, like I said, I was under the impression the Taken was doing something to bring them through, not just clearing the monsters in the way.

Yeah that one I dunno. It could just be “don’t think about it too hard” thing. Maybe Sahdina sending them through the rift as part of her final sacrifice that destroyed the Aetherial. Or maybe everyone has a map that pops up in their mind’s eye when they step into a riftgate. :laughing:

I still think clearing the roads and building some bridges would be great.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.