How come i see no oppressor pet builds?

I think there’s potential for a kookie build running 2x korvaak seering blades (would need to enable dual wield via item) to get a 7 skellie resummon that makes them more cannon-fodder friendly (and thus less dependant on pet defensive gear). Then string eldritch fire and meteor shower together with the oathkeeper pet -res aura.

I’m trying out a pet oppressor at the moment. I’m only in veteran, though, so it’s early. I’m partly interested in the synergies, but also partly interested in the summoner-related survivability afforded by oathkeeper skills.

I’m going for lots of flat damage, with a focus on phys damage RR (most flat damage applies to both pets and my character, and therefore to Oathkeeper guardians). I’m just keeping the guardians at 1 point in the initial skill, then 12 points in the RR skill at level 50. I’ll put acid spray on them for a proc and call them done. Their AI is quite good and they’re fast, as well, so they contribute a fair amount to damage for very little investment.

So far it’s a “hot knife through butter” build. Lots of pets and lots of flat damage means nothing stays alive very long.

Theory Crafted Build:

Dual Wield Melee Hybrid Summon Build

I might try a hybrid dual wield melee summoner build that I theorycrafted.

Could be fun.

I’m planning to try a pet build using Oathkeeper only because the Celestrial Presence add-on skill to the guardians gives them a resistance debuff for monsters. You can get a -35% at max debuff for physical, fire, and bleeding (or poison/acid, vitality, and bleeding with Scion of Dreeg augment). This would help skellies, hellhound, blight fiend, and briarthorn (familiar and stormhound are SOL). A 4.7 meter target radius around each guardian makes for a lot of moving coverage that doesn’t center around the caster (bonus). They don’t pull aggro, but that’s understandable since they are unkillable.

I’m wondering if their aggro transfers to the caster? Yikes if it does.

Pets that have taunt skills can maintain aggro to some extent though if the caster uses certain abilities it can switch over.

i like the concept of that build, too bad you can’t stack judgement debuff with the guardian RR, otherwise you could use it to cc and disable whole groups and have them finished off by your pets