How do I mod game mechanics?

E.g. making it so you can swap masteries freely and no longer need to put x points into a mastery to be able to put sp into any of the skills.

Did you look here?

Yes and it says virtually nothing about game mechanics. If, then buried somewhere under a totally different headline.

Hell, the asset manager is not even working properly. I created a new mod and extracted the database which I can now browse, but when I select a record to import all I ever get is “Error importing database record”.

The guide ignores the crucial details of how to prepare stuff to actually start editing game mechanics stuff and instead focuses on importing your own stuff which idc about.

I wanna edit existing skills and stuff but from the start nothing works as expected and the guide is not covering it.

For resetting character skills and masteries better use programs like GDDefiler or GdStash. What you want in the OP might be hard or even impossible. If you still want to mod, I suggest taking it step by step and start grom Simple mods. Make sure you setup Asset Manager precisely like on this guide [Script][Basics]Modding Beginner's Guide I (1.2.3 Setting Up Asset Manager) and then try to make a mod with one Simple change to make sure it works.

Swapping masteries is impossible, no matter how skilled of a modder you are you won’t be able to do it. Removing mastery requirements is simple.

1 Like

uwotmate?

Sadly I can’t record cause over half a year ShadowPlay refuses to do anything but adding skills from other masteries is easy.

No idea if you can edit it completely freely but adding a skill from a different mastery is as simpel as copying the dbr file you want and renaming it to a skill of your current masteries you can do without.

I just Added Albrecht’s Aether Ray to solider, swapping it with Blitz and it works perfectly fine.

Also, please stop the trolling. I asked a very simple question just for 2 goons telling me it’s impossible or it’s possible. I did ask for actual advice not tidbits of info or stuff that simply is not true.

If you do not have anything worth saying but are still posting stuff, you are basically trolling, filling the thread up with useless posts that make people who know the answer believe no point in posting themselves cause surely the question has been answered when the thread already has this many posts.

Lol, I answered your question in the OP and you say I’m trolling because you did something unrelated to that, okay. :rofl:

Have fun modding.

3 Likes