How do you adjust Drop Rate

Hi all,

I’m creating this simple mod where I mimic private servers of many MMORPGs where exp rate and drop rate are higher.

So far I’m successful with the exp part, but im struggling with the drop rate.

Basically I want to make things drop more frequently, like legendaries being twice more frequent to drop.

Im not asking to increase the quantity of the drop tho.

Anyone knows what database/variable should i be looking for?

Thanks!

EDIT1: I’ve done little bit of researching and it seems there’s no global variable that controls the chance of item dropping. It seems the game controls loots thru loot tables. Im currently trying to make a certain item drop on a certain monster now. Will post more as I progress.

records\items\lootchests\chestloottables\

chest_heroloot_all_01.dbr (Normal)
chest_heroloot_all_01e.dbr (Elite)
chest_heroloot_all_01u.dbr (Ultimate)

those are the hero orbs, there are a couple more herochest lotttables you can change.

and adjust the weight for
records/items/loottables/mastertables/mt_hu_miscall_d01.dbr
that should be the legendary loottable

and than of course the same for bosses if you want, but there are a few more than just the one for every difficulty :smiley:

Dude thanks! This should be enough. Though I have no idea how to play with the values, I will try to understand it tho, will probably go back here if I fail.

Also, I kinda want to make all quest rewards give a random legendary/epic item. My thought process is to copy the quest reward database that the final Act4 quest does (the one that gives you legendary item). Could you also help me with that?

lootXChance (array) determines the chance for each loot slot - in my db for normal difficulty it says 95 (slot 1), 25 (slot 2).
So if the hero can drop 5 items, the first item slot will take the first value from each of these lootXChance and roll the dice. (loot1: 95; loot2: 905; roughly 1 out of 9 will use the first loottable).
The first loottable has epics and legendaries, and again with the weights the same as with determining the droptable. with the values (100 Epic & 3 Legendary) you would get 3 Legendaries out of 100 drops from that table (or 1 out of 33 - 3% chance to gain a legendary when this table is chosen, or whatever you want to call it :D).
and than the same for the second slot and the third (which is 0, so no legendary from there) the amount of slots is determined by those two equations (numSpawnMinEquation & numSpawnMaxEquation).

Also, I kinda want to make all quest rewards give a random legendary/epic item. My thought process is to copy the quest reward database that the final Act4 quest does (the one that gives you legendary item). Could you also help me with that?

you would have to change every quest reward inside the quest file - check out the guide for the quest editor stuff that should tell you everything you need to know about how to change the rewards :slight_smile:
you could add a new reward with the loottable used by the quest you referred to, its likely the same as the one for heroloot (records/items/loottables/mastertables/mt_hu_miscall_d01.dbr)
assuming you went through the guide’s quest section - add an action to the completion for the last step (with all the other rewards). from the list pick “GiveRandomItem” and use the legendary loottable (this is me assuming its the same being used for the reward of that other quest :))

Im typing all this quickly, so ask me something if you have to, Im hoping pointing you in the right direction is enough :slight_smile:

PS: epics should be in records/items/loottables/mastertables/mt_hu_miscall_c01.dbr

For the loot table:

So without anything changing from the db… does this mean that the chance of getting atleast 1 (one) legendary item on each difficulty is…

1st Scenario > Hero drops 1 (one) item.
Normal: 95/905 * 3/100 = 0.3%
Elite : 110/890 * 11/100 = 1.36%
Ultimate: 150/850 * 16/100 = 2.82%

2nd Scenario > Hero drops 3 (three) items.
Normal: 95/905 * 3/100 + 25/975 * 3/100 + 0/0 * 0/0 = 0.38%
Elite : 110/890 * 11/100 + 25/975 * 3/100 + 0/0 * 0/0 = 1.44%
Ultimate: 150/850 * 16/100 + 25/975 * 3/100 + 0/0 * 0/0 = 2.9%

But then what happens if I modified the first slot of each loot table to have equal values? How will the game select which table to choose from?

Example:
loot1Chance,850.000000;25.000000;
loot2Chance,850.000000;975.000000;

For the Quests:

I tried modifying this…

…\resources\quests\mq_warden.qst

using the Quest editor and managed to do this…

But after I build in Asset Manager and completed the quest, it didn’t gave me the items… Note tho that I edited this quest while my character has the quest in progress, maybe it had something to do with that?

not exactly right, overall true and the reality will most likely NEVER happen, but every slot has its own drop. You could get multiple Legendaries from a hero.
for the 2nd scenario in normal

1. Legendary 0.3% and the 2. 0.08%
    but yeah, its never going to happen, so adding them up to do an overall calculation of the chance to get one is fine.

But then what happens if I modified the first slot of each loot table to have equal values? How will the game select which table to choose from?

Example:
loot1Chance,850.000000;25.000000;
loot2Chance,850.000000;975.000000;

this is just an assumtion, because thats how I am doing it:
it will add all numbers and roll a random number, if it is within the range of table1 it will take table1.
-> 850 + 850 = 1700 || get random number between 1 and 1700 - its 500 and itll take table1, next time its 1372 and itll take table2
in the case of equal numbers: 50%/50%

For the Quests:

I tried modifying this…

…\resources\quests\mq_warden.qst

using the Quest editor and managed to do this…

But after I build in Asset Manager and completed the quest, it didn’t gave me the items… Note tho that I edited this quest while my character has the quest in progress, maybe it had something to do with that?

cant see the pic, but Im going to assume you forgot to create an asset for the quest :slight_smile: most common mistake. everything is fine but without the asset the asset manager is not going to compile it.

EDIT:
nvm download manager just downloaded it when I copied the text :smiley: - file looks fine, likely a missing asset as I said

Yah i missed that part. So I created an asset file but it says that it is in progress… Ive been waiting for 5 minutes now but nothing is happening…

its fine, probably just means there are no errors and it will be compiled.
anyways, its ready to build (F7)

btw from that pic before, you will get an epic and a leg on every difficulty, if you want to make legs only for ultimate youll have to add a condition like the one giving xp.
if on the other hand you want it to pick a random item which could either be an epic or a leg youll have to make a new mastertable.

EDIT:
just remembered you could use the random number feature to pick either of those loottables. But youll have to do it for every quest, I guess you are better off just making a new mastertable :smiley:

Ok so here’s what I made so far…

EXP Rate: Done. No problems. Already tested
Hero Spoils: Done. Not yet tested
Quest Rewards: Partially Done. Has Issues regarding giving legendary item as reward, but zero issues when using the default loottables.

For the Quest Rewards, I tried almost every permutations of setups I could think of but I just cant give a legendary item to my level 1 character.

If I use the default loot table of the legendary items, I keep on getting a white item. Im guessing that this is something to do with the LevelTable.

I’m so close LMAO but im so tired now…

yeah, they start dropping at 50 and why would you want them before :slight_smile: unless you are going to change their level requirements you cant use them

if you want to make them start dropping at 1 (this will also include the hero drops not just the quest rewards)
levels (array) remove all numbers but 1
records (array) remove all entries but the last (records/items/loottables/geartorso/tdyn_torso_d01.dbr)
thats for lt_torsoall_d01.dbr and do that for every LT inside the mastertable you are using

EDIT:
oh and I forgot to say inside records/items/loottables/geartorso/tdyn_torso_d01.dbr and of course every other legendary TDYN you need to disable level limits or it still wont drop a thing :smiley:

Freaking hell, finally I did it.

It seems the TDYN files are not enough, I had to actually change the ItemLevel of the Legendary Item I want as reward for the quest to make it work.

Anyways, I got the basics of the things and concepts I want for my mod.

Thank you for sticking until the end WareBare! I used to be a map maker in Warcraft 3 so I’m somewhat familiar with editing/modding softwares like this.

I am super tired af. Been learning this mod a whole day. Will probably refine the details of my mod tomorrow. It’s almost 12:30 am now here.

Ciao~

Hey man, any news on the release of your mod?

I’m really looking forward to the loot drop increase of your mod since I feel Lege’s just drop too slowly. Now that I’m getting into ultimate last night I did Twin Fall runs for about an hour and not a single drop :/. It’s just taking too long to build up my character!

Also when you release it is it going to be the exp and loot buff all packaged into one mod? Because personally I just want the loot increase because I feel the exp is fine. If I would use the exp increase I have the impression that I would end up going way ahead and the side quests would be pointless to do.

Thanks!

Hey Techneeq,

I could give you a modded GD with increase drop rates on heroic/grand spoils. It’s actually really simple.

I’ll try to wrap it up later this afternoon (it’s morning here) as this will be the first time that I’ll share my mod to others.

Cheers!

EDIT: Sent you a PM

Who is Mugwupmsss? And why does he have no liver? :confused:

lol don’t pay attention to my name it’s just random words I mashed up together XD

hey, I put about 100 hours in, hit level 85, and now am pretty much just item farming. problem is I can go 3 hours without seeing a purple, and im getting bored quick.

will your mod allow me to modify the drop rate of bosses from the stock 3% to say maybe 20%? Will i be able to run this, and play with my friends, without them having to also download it, like is it a server side thing only that is being modified, so by me running the server it determines the drop rate for all players?

Anyway you could PM what you have if it will work like this? I dont want to just give myself items, i still want a chance but i just want it much higher than stock lol.

Hey, can any1 please help me to increase drop rates in mod i currently using? Im using grimarillion right now. Is changing values in files via Word Pad is enough to change the drop rates? If so, can any1 please give me a little guide how to? Ive read all the posts, but didnt get how to do it right.

Grim Quest (and thus Grimarillion) are not mods you can just unpack and repack with changes…Asylum did a special kind of magic for the build process. So this will not be possible for you to do.

Since Grimarillion has so much loot already…I am not personally seeing this request as something good for the mod.

Word pad is not going to help you at all with this.

You can unpack and repack the database arz without messing with the arc files. Check the DAIL thread, Ceno explained how to do it.

Edit : this thread http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51164

mugwump any chance of getting that modded file for droprates posted or sent via dropbox link?