How do you get all the gear?

First, let me make it clear that i don’t mind grinding. To make a point, it took me less than
a week to obtain the nether drake in wow-BC - insane grind.

So i’m now at the point where i’m missing several pieces of certain sets and i’ve tried
joining multiplayer crusibles but no one’s playing them. I tried going solo in Gladiator with
my WB in full Marko, and got utterly smashed by a bad spawn…

Today i tried running SR but that yielded in greens… So how do you grind for the legendary sets,
and which builds are strong enough to do it ?. I don’t care if it’s a cheese or OP lazy build,
as long as it gets the job done.

I’m also using the skellie-cabalist build at L83 but without proper gear, it’s still weak
compared to the videos i’ve seen of them.

And to make things worse, Gladiator crusible is the only one that reliably reweards legendarys,
i’ve ran challenger several times and just blue crap at 100, do i really need to risk 150-170 ?.

I personally rush SR 70+ if I want to farm. Usually I get 10+ legendaries, and used to get about 4+ blueprints too. I might be lucky, but at least every 3 runs I get a double rare MI.

If you have the helm BP for a set you can just craft 4-5 of them and keep the one with the best roll, and transmute the others into the other set pieces (while keeping an eye on the best roll after each attempt).
Probably the fastest legit way to get a set but costs materials.

For actual farming: SR 75-76, or SR 65-66 if you can’t do 76.
Or farming Glad 150 or 170, or Challenger.
Both of the above are best done in long game sessions (without returning to the character select screen).

After that it’s rogue dungeons with a mobile character so you can get to the end reward chests quickly

I think @adoomgod did some tests also for SR on elite and find the drop reward was decent actually.

Ok for myself, I prefer variation so I farm/play with many builds in many different ways.

How/what do you like playing? What are your limits in regards to mods? How much do you want to play legit?

Actually, getting full sets is the easiest thing now. You can use transmute on set piece dublicates to get missing set pieces. You can even transmute set items into other sets (though it’s expensive and pure gamble).
And you’re not right. I’ve farmed new FG story content (ultimate) for faction reputation, and i assure you - it yields a surprising amount of legendaries too. And you can farm 130-150 Gladiator Crucible, or Challenger, you DONT have to risk 150-170. And as far as i remember, 130-150 Challenger also yields few legendaries.
IF you cant run 130-150 Challenger, farm story content with lots of rare mobs. AoM Underbog, or example (you also get lots of valuable Ugdenbloom).

1 Like

Before I had characters that could do Gladiator 150-170, which was a long time, I did a lot of Challenger Crucible 100-150 (then 130-150 after first run) and for me that got the most legendaries for time spent. Pre-FG I also ran the Ancient Grove rogue-like a lot but the rewards aren’t comparable at all.

I don’t think SR is worth it until you can do 60+ (maybe even 50+ when they get around to changing the tiny boss arena you get at that level).

Well, occasional death in Crucible screws everything, but occasional death in SR doesnt matter much. For offensive builds SR is prefferable due to that.

I believe some would disagree with this. Afaik in 150 - 170 Crucible high offense (while not neglecting defense of course) is king because you need be able to kill certain bosses quickly before the rest of the wave closes in. I’m less sure about high SR, but defensive oriented chars seem to be getting the highest.

On topic: It’s a long road to build a char that can consistently farm legendaries in a reasonable amount of time. I advise you to trade for stuff you can’t find. It really accelerates the cycle. The nearer to completion your build becomes, the faster you’ll be able to complete it. :wink:

Yeah it’s true that when you die you can carry on, I just meant you don’t really get a lot of gear from it until you can clear those levels.

Even loosing Crucible’s higher waves can net you a decent stream of legendaries, to the point I fully filled up the inventory on the build I was playing. Despite never getting past 160 and dying frequently before that.

Otherwise using Eldritch Essences and transmute can allow you to finish sets easily if you’ve got lots of duplicates lying around. Though the quickest way to get the essences is to farm SR, over and over again. And money cost is so great you can quickly exhaust the stash of a build you haven’t been farming heavily on already.

I wonder if everyone missed the part that challenger didn’t really give the OP much, and that Gladiator and SR were not really on the table…

Literally:

I build up most of my legendary collection doing Challenger 100-150

He wants too much, then.
As i said, Challenger 130-150 gives few legendaries per run. If he’s too weak even for that, he should farm rare mobs in story content. They drop legendaries too, you know…
Or, maybe, his build is just bad. In that case, it might be better to fix bad build instead…

I’m farming Challenger on 81-100 reliably but the rewards are pretty much trash,
so i’m going to try 130-150.

1 Like

Are you farming with a level 83 character? If I understand correctly you don’t really need to worry about farming before reaching level 100 (or maybe 94 at least) because
(1) below level 94 you can’t wear end game gears so the farming speed is low;
(2) at level 83 the level 94 gears simply don’t drop, you need to get to level 89ish at least

2 Likes

(3) Getting to level 90 and getting faction reputation up to revered should be the main goal for first, which leads to a budget-budget pet build, which leads to the farming options outlined in those builds.

2 Likes

(4) Doing quests on ultimate will let you level up faster than crucible runs.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m just about finishing FG storyline on Elite at L90 then i’m jumping straight
to Ultimate and going to farm undead nemesis abit.

How is Challenger 100-150 in terms of Blueprint drops? I’m currrently running SoT and get like 2 blueprints every three runs or so.