*How* does sheet calculate DPS?

yes i know tooltip isn’t accurate so wont really be truly useful, but thought it atleast had a basic baseline function of base dmg * speed

but

apparently that’s not it
even the min pierce for 42.5k*3.75aps gives 159k dps, which is higher than tooltip already
add to that we know for a fact dps tooltip factors in DoTs(and does so inaccurately to the point of massively bloating tooltip the more dot combined with speed is involved)

so, how would these sheet tooltip numbers add up to 143k dps as determined by the game and dps calc tooltip? :thinking:

i’m not asking because of wanting the tooltip to be 100% reliable, but just seemingly at its core it doesnt’ even do the basic “not totally accurate” calc proper either, and is thus even more inaccurate than even previously assumed

DPS ≈ 80% * AS * AV_Belgo_Strike
(less than 1% error)

Works for both your case and my completely different one with DW character and his default attack

80% = 1 / 1.25 so maybe it has something to do with DW bonus attacks

1 Like

including the dots i assume?

if so that’s awesome figured out tq :+1: :trophy:

now the question is, why the heck is it using 80% :smile:

yes, by average hit I mean the average of these two numbers:

1 Like

I’ve just checked 1h attack thinking it has sth to do with DW but no - it’s the same - you also need to multiply by 80% and I even get 100% precise result after rounding :slight_smile:

so the 0.8 multiplier has to be in the code directly, it cannot be a coincidence :thinking:

3 Likes

interesting, and weird :smile: - but well done tq :+1: :people_hugging:

1 Like

How about you change the thread’s category to “Bug Reporting” now? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

unsure if it’s a bug, but sure here you go :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Looks like the attacks per second calculation on the character sheet was not including the base speed modifiers, which is the result of your 1.25 factor.

Will be fixed in v1.2.1.0.

5 Likes