How much should you overcap each resistance in ultimate

I’m getting my first character to endgame and have heard about the importance of overcaps, but I don’t know how much I should aim for in each type. Would be handy to know before I start messing around too much with augments and components.

Not planning to do superbosses with this toon, but do want to attempt crucible/SR/the dungeons. Thanks in advance!

And just an FYI for the future:

The forums built-in search works fairly well.

I saw that, but since the link is two years old and predates at least 1 expansion I didn’t know if it was outdated or not. Plus there doesn’t seem to be any concrete consensus there.

There’s also this guide. A little more up to date than the one linked, which doesn’t include SR at all since it didn’t exist at the time. In SR there are multiple enemies that can significantly drop resistances.

I don’t think you’re going to get a concrete answer like “always overcap res x by y amount”. Builds are too variable for that to really work. It also depends on what exactly you plan to do with it. To my understanding at least a SR pushing build would probably want better overcaps than a crucible farmer, since for the later you know more exactly what you’ll face and probably want damage to push the time down, for example. Same idea for running dungeons. They aren’t nearly as dangerous as the other two modes in my experience, so you’d probably be fine going heavy on kill power to get clear times down if you were looking at running them repeatedly.

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s exactly the type of thing I was looking for.