How my breaker (can TECHNICALLY) solo gladiator 170 with no buffs, etc. etc

^What he (or she :P) said.

And to be more specific:

SS crit modifier = 40% from NJE + 55% from build = 95%
ABB crit modifier = 20% from iceskorn + 55% from build = 75%
RoS crit modifier = 25% from CoS + 55% from build = 80%

And I wish to point out too that DoT CAN crit as well! Flat damage from the belt however, is unable to contribute to this.

Tbh I did some testing with both version of the belts and when playing with 2H weapon there is almost no difference, it comes down to what resistances you need more, on other hand when playing DW Spelbreaker belt wins by large margin.

@ OP:
Per point invested elemental awakening, night chill and even elemental balance are giving you more than nightfall. So those extra 8 points invested in nightfall would suit you better on other places imho.

Im not sure, when compared to 3 upper mentioned skills that ABB justifies such heavy investments, maybe with skill modifier it does tho Im not sold on it.

One point in mercies repertoire for +55% cold and FB dmg is more than a fair deal.

Tho Iskandra amy looks nice I would still go with unseeing eye.

Link to an pre AOM similar build, maybe it will give you some more ideas http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=528613&postcount=21

Thanks for the input JoV!

I had to improvise with the iskandra amulet as I don’t have an unseeing eye.

It has served me well though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll admit that my decision to continue using it is entirely due to my want to build an unorthodox, yet viable, breaker.

Imo, other than some lucky rolled Elena’s Necklace, Iskandra’s amulet is better than Unseeing Eye. Just 1% less cdr, but a decent chunk of OA, a lot of extra conversion and that Mirror damage modifier looks sick on paper. And 4% to max res is a lot of survivability.

You are forgetting +1 to all NB skills on top of nice amount of HP and DA, and cold SB even with additional skill/attribute points added in AoM is still skill points and HP hungry. Offensive vise iskandra is definitely better but for cruci purposes is still think that unseeing eye is better choice.

+1 to NB skills is cool but with Soulrend’s +2 to NB skills is not that impressive and crucial really. Iskandra’s offers a lot of dps, which is kinda in line with Spellbreaker’s philosophy “kill before you get killed”. But ye, it’s squishballs either way.

I also like the flat 100 OA.

I dunno. Have never tried the unseeing eye, so I can’t give a fair, objective input.

If I ever do get my grubby fingers on one, I’ll test it out and post my findings here.

I will say this though - Iskandra’s allows mirror to be used offensively. Finding an isolated nemesis before the rest get aggro’d by you happens at least once in each crucible run I do.

Using mirror for that +15% roid rage does allow you to shit on the parade of said isolated nemesis.

And the death of one nemesis is usually the turning point in what would otherwise have been a struggle to survive.

EDIT: Besides, my breaker variant is not really lacking on survivability.

Well if you are searching for max dps based SB than you should go from start with DW instead of 2H. On other hand on higher lvls of investments skills like SS are giving much more than on medium lover lvl so +1 to them is not so negligent. I could even argue that ~8% to cold conversion from iskandra and ~10 flat are not much more offensive vise worth than that +1 to NB skills. But making a build is personal thing and should be suited to builders liking so if your cup of tea is iskandra go with it.

I just like feeling like I can do the kaioken from DBZ.

Why is DW ss breakers have more dps? Is it because of WPS they can use between ABB and SS?

Concerning the amulet, I am kinda stuck with a sickly rolled Elena’s that I am very reluctant to let go. But 2-3% more cdr might be the key to surviving Crucible on a more regular basis, so you might be right, Unseeying Eye is more optimal. I am still in a phase of testing things tho. Have to put my hands on 6% Iskanrda’s and 7% Unseeing Eye to see (no pun intended) for myself.

Ofc best thing is to test and see what fits your gameplay more.

On builds that are offensively or/and defensively highly relying on % CDR (ie star pact) and flat CDR (ie time dilatation) every % CDR is of high value because it basically has enhanced effectiveness due to lowering Time dilatation CD and thus giving you overall increase to your flat CDR also.
Basic point of that pre AoM soulrend SB (posted a link in one of upper posts) was to be able to chain 2 mirrors and BB, so it was, if played properly, virtually unkilable. Ofc that came with sacrifices in global DPS output, it was almost twice weaker than DPS focused DW spelbreaker.

That bring us to your question: why DW SB can dish out more dps?
No, it does not have much to do with wps, tho I must admit that execution adds fear chunk of it, but rather is related to flat stacking game mechanic.
In upper post I mentioned that Spelbreaker waistguard beat blade breakers, DPS vise, when used on DW SB because of that same mechanic. To simplify: when playing DW all your flat dmg is added to both weapons separately 100% of it to main hand and 100% to off hand, compared to 100% addition to 2H weapons it makes essential difference. DW compared to 2H doubles your flat dmg addition. Couple that with high weapon dmg skills that use both hands (ie SS) and you get huge dmg increase.

But wouldn’t the reverse be true of 2H? e.g. ABB, and RoS will hit with 100% of my soulrend, but will only use one of your 2 weapons as a DW.

Given that most of the DPS comes from spammable skills, would I be incorrect to assume that the damage is at least competitive?

• Shadow strike can hit with both hands while dual wielding
  • you get two components = more flat and more %
  • loxblades and chillstrifes both have amazing stats. Massive crits and shadow strike cooldown // CDR and cold RR. On top of this they can roll flat damage.
  • Ridiculously higher % cold modifier. Frostborn chillstrife of frostbite has >400% cold modifier per hand vs. soulrend’s >400%. Magi’s of frostbite is >350%
  • higher AS gives marginally more dps, execution is a moderate dps boost

Touche, sir. Touche indeed.

Welp. I just wanted to do a budget breaker, and to give something back to the forums.

Never expected this guide to garner half as much attention as it has.

Not quite if you take into consideration that even while RoS and ABB do hit only with one hand difference in flat dmg between weapons will be largely if not totally offset with higher %dmg bonuses gained from your other hand weapon. Beside you will hardly maximize your dps if based on heavy skill point investments in RoS and ABB. Other than that basically what Xervous wrote.

Edit: About competitiveness of damage, damage output provided by 2H SB is substantial but unfortunately not in the same league with DW.

I mean, I would hope that 2x triple rolled greens will beat my soulrend. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh, you dont even need greens to beat it, but yes for DW SB green dangers are best, personally I didn’t had luck to obtain even one usable :undecided:

What did you settle for then?

Crescent + Olexra?

chilled loxmere or chilled chillstrife > olexra or crescent. it doesn’t take that much to trump those two

Is it worth losing the CDR?