How to improve my Aura of Censure/Vindictive Flame build?

Hey, new here and was looking for a different perspective on this build. The idea was to have something similar to PoE’s righteous fire or a D2 auradin, and this build seems about as close as you can get to that. It’s an absolute blast to play, but it has pretty low DPS. I can reliably clear 150-170 in about 9 minutes with buffs and neutral mutators, but bad mutators (and maybe bad play) can put that up to 15 minutes. I was wondering if any of you build wizards could take a look and offer some feedback. Perhaps different devotion setup or different procs? Obviously I cheat my gear in, so no suggestion would be too difficult to attempt. Thanks in advance to anybody that takes the time.

Grimtools

Yours build on aura and procs, so it should have as many aura and procs as possible. For example, Hyrian or Magi. You need -RR sources as well, Solael/Widow. Still need a decent offensive skill (box, CB… your call). For gears, a green ring which has of the squalls/incinerator is a good choice. Trash mobs always easy to take down, should focus more on dmg/survival against bosses.

Have a look at this

@holystar88
I actually have very good survivability against bosses. 3.2k hp regen before any procs, tons of flat damage absorption, flashbang, giant/tree/ghoul/blast shield/prismatic diamond/keeper shield procs, 38% proj avoidance (93% with blast shield up), 20% target damage reduction from censure, +3% max res etc. etc. lets me facetank all the nemesis bosses at wave 170. It might be just the perfect amount though, as I tried to unspec flashbang and spec into mortar traps for more damage. I cleared 170 once with slightly faster speed, but then I died on the next attempt. In retrospect, it might have just been a freak accident though, as valdarin teleported me directly on top of a gargabol volcano when my blast shield was on cooldown, which instantly killed me. I’ve been trying to avoid sacrifices of defense in my pursuit of damage, but I suppose nothing is free.

Hyrian is an interesting idea and would be much more flat damage than the scarab’s shield (333 avg/sec vs 160), but I’d lose ~100% elemental damage, the life regen proc and the -20% attack speed aura. Then again, things can’t hurt you if they are dead. I might drop a dranghoul mod for an incineration mod, as even though it just 50% uptime, that would be another 200 flat damage when it’s up. As far as resist reduction goes, with 37% from aura, 43% from mines, 10% from relic and 32 flat from crown, I figured that was enough. What do you build makers usually aim for where resist reduction is concerned? Also, do you have a total number of flat damage you aim for, as a guideline? It’s not really a metric I’ve been paying attention to, but perhaps I should start, especially when this has been my most successful build and it seems rather mediocre compared to the hundreds of builds on this forum.

@medea_fleecestealer
Thanks, checked it out and it seems like dropping the fat life regen is the way to go if I want to blow things up. Guess there will be no more sleeping in lava for me :frowning:

@:banana: @banana_peel has made a “similar” Purifier
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23bnYYN