How to know if I got crit?

I’m doing deep SR survival (90+) with Grim Internals installed; and I’m recording video of every death, so I can know which damage type is killing me and adjust the build from there. Sometimes I get a single hit of 15-20k damage that almost one-shots me… but was it a CRIT or regular damage scaled by SR 90? Even watching back the video footage frame by frame it’s impossible to tell. I need to know if I should add more DA, or more health / absorption instead.

TL;DR: How can I tell if an instance of damage that I take was a regular hit, or a crit? And what was the monster’s crit multiplier for that hit?

Character groans in pain anytime they are hit by a crit. That’s about the only way to know as far as i know.

1 Like

Way back in the early days the game used to pop up red numbers when you got crit. Honestly I miss that since you really can’t tell easily any longer if that happens.

I was going to suggest using Juggernaut relic (as an interesting test) since I swear it used to have its skill activated when you were crit, but it appears that was changed to “on hit” in 1.1.7.0.

1 Like

I thought that’s char response to my shit piloting…

2 Likes

most enemies don’t have an actual crit bonus afaik, so most crits are just 10% extra dmg, and remember you can look up individual enemies on GT

remember to set enemy level (and shard) accordingly
then you can also estimate whether it was a crit or not, and even what PTH range might be applied, with this

again make sure to have set the enemy lvl and shard and potentially remember to factor in your OA shred or their DA shred to get a more applicable estimate

lot of manual working ofc, but as is there is no ingame way or live action tool giving us this data afaik.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, I’ve been using those tools but I always end up with a “certain chance” of being crit. What I really wanted to know was on a per-hit basis.

Interesting. This could work… but is it reliable?
As in:

• Does the character only groan when crit and never in any other circumstance? (What about on a non-crit death?)
  • Does the character groan 100% of the time when a crit happens? Or is it a random chance of groaning?

Is there any way to confirm this?
Maybe in PVP multiplayer?

Seems to be this from experience, specially against enemies that heavily reduce your defensive ability like Father Abaddoth’s basic attack reducing defensive ability by 450.