How to make Starcore Rifle work?

I dropped a Starcore Rifle, so, obviously I tried to make something with it on Grimtools.

My first idea was to use Onslaught converted to fire (using the conduit of Frenzied Whispers) as auto attack. The rifle also converts Avalanche to fire, what I think would look cool on screen.

But,

I don’t see many equipment supporting both Onslaught and Fire, so how would I reach the hard cap of 26? Should I ditch Onslaught for Fire Strike then?

image

Can I interest you in yet another 2H fire Purifier?

This would make me loose the fiery avalanche that is my intended goal.

You can try Zealot with Righteous Fervor if you want to have fire Avalanche. You can get 26/16 RF pretty easily. The damage output of it looks like it’s gonna be atrocious though due to Berserker offering zero %damage or RR.

Edit: The more I look into this gun the more I dislike it. Terrible attack speed bonus and no phys>fire conversion for all the flat you get from the mastery combos/hydra devotion.

1 Like

What about some bullshit like this? With Oathkeeper/zerker you get tons of +crit dmg (155%) and with just Starcore get close to 100% wps by itself, so if you can find tons of OA maybe it’ll be a glass cannon with some big numbers. rr isn’t too bad

tossed some shit on the wall:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/2ga4PmYZ

1 Like