How to use a controller + keyboard + mouse effectively and efficiently

I play GD with a controller.
Generally this works pretty well, but I am wondering if I am missing certain things to make the experience better/more fluid.

What I do:

• The first 8 slots of the controller Quickbar are mapped to controller buttons
  • All of my active skills are mapped to the first 8 slots of the controller Quickbar.
  • I use 9 and 0 for two toggle skills that I toggle with a keyboard. The keyboard can toggle all skills on the controller Quickbar as that is the Quickbar that is normally active.
  • The other toggle skills are on a separate Quickbar that gets active when I move the mouse. This then allows me to toggle those with the keyboard

I am aware that the change in toggle skills makes the experience different in 1.2, but until then…

Is there an easier way to do this, for example to always have a full Quickbar on my keyboard that is separate from my controller skill bar (and always active)?
Or maybe I can have a second Quickbar on the controller that I switch too? (for toggles and pet summons for example)

Thanks in advance for any help and tips!

I don’t quite understand what you want but

this is already in the game.

Thank you for your answer! When I assign skills I only see one bar for my controller, but I’ll see if I can figure out how to get a second quickbar.

Sorry for not being clear. What happens is that when I play I feel like I am not playing in an optimal way. But I am not sure where it can be optimised, so I am not sure how to phrase it.

I guess it comes down to this:

1. Ideally I would not have to use a mouse/keyboard (except for inventory) and just have all my skills mapped to my controller in some way (separate quick bars would work)
  2. If 1 is not possible I would want to have a set of 10 skills triggered by my keyboard’s 1-0 that are not the same as the ones mapped to my controller at the time and don’t require me to move the mouse before I can access them from the keyboard.

When I get nullified (which won’t be a problem in 1.2 again) I need to move my mouse, quickly press the buttons on the keyboard (my controller is temporarily disabled) and then use my controller to get back into the action. This doesn’t feel like it is the best way to go about this.

yes, it’s possible, you can bind skills from the 2nd hotbar to controller buttons

1 Like

I’ll dive into it. Thanks!

I think I phrased it in a misleading way. You can set up skills on your 2nd hotbar in a controller mode
and then you use them after switching to 2nd hotbar with a controller / in a controller mode
by pressing controllers buttons assigned to these skills.

1 Like

I assumed you meant something like this, but thanks for clarifying

I feel quite silly, it is actually quite intuitive, I just never noticed the second bar.
Got it all set up now!
Thank you again for mentioning it.

1 Like

Yeah its just a quick depress of the right analog stick to swap between quick bars. Is this what you meant?

1 Like

Yes this is indeed what I was looking for. I got it to work. Thanks!

1 Like