How's Dagallon purifier these days?

Haven’t played since FG roguelike dungeon dropped. Coming back for patch 1.2 and excited for the new upcoming expansion.

Having said that, I have a max level Desolation Justice purifier and wanted to try Dagallon’s again after a long time. First thing I noticed is that both Desolation and Dagallon pistols lost their 100% bullet pass through. Is this something that happened across the board for all guns? I guess this means no more lucky bullets/storm spread wps wiping out the screen with brimstones everywhere.

Second thing is, I can’t seem to make a good Dagallon build no matter what variant I try. Dual-elements, lightning focused with conversion or fire focused with conversion. The big problem is Dagallon’s is so glassy and doesn’t have enough firepower to compensate. Justice set alone provides tons of armor and absorption. Then the set proc helps kill off the mobs when you inevitably get ganked.

Kinda sucks when a generalist set outperforms a dedicated ranged set in a ranged build. I’ve wanted to rock a good Dagallon’s since the set first came out (in AoM?). I played with my Darkfire pyromancer and that build has the firepower to justify its squishiness. Having access to Possession exclusive also helps a lot with that.

Hidden passthrough on guns was moved to wps and skill mods.

And yea, Dagallon is bad for all the reasons you mentionned. No one’s playing it, no one’s giving feedback either so it doesn’t get buffed.

Here’s some that killed Ravager from 1.1.9.7

Dagallon kinda sucks.
this is what I tested recently Purifier, Level 100 (GD 1.2.0.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (and I’m planning to post more detailed feedback)
I’m ok with damage split, but %damage values are still from AoM and can’t get higher, pistols have absurdly low %AS, DA mod is kinda a joke and on top of that, build is pretty squishy.
you have low-ranked seal and blast shield as your only defences, and for better damage you want bosses grouped - but then most likely you’ll get killed.