I Cannot Change Keybinds

Hello

I decided to play Grim dawn again after 800 hours game time.However I couldn’t change my keybinds.

I’ve never experienced such a problem before.

Also I don’t have My Games/Grim Dawn file I guess solution was there.

Could you help me with it?

Check if your antivirus software blocks GD, it’s a known issue where it doesn’t allow you to edit ingame settings.

As for chars and save files, check if you have cloud saves enabled/disabled, ingame and in steam settings.

1 Like

As the answer above, the issue stems from the game being blocked from editing its settings files. If that folder does not even exist, then perhaps something moved it (ex. OneDrive is notorious for this).

Actually I don’t use one drive and any antivirus program just using windows defender.

I also removed the firewall rules but it doesn’t work. That’s why I decided to write here :slight_smile:

Sorry I don’t know one reply in two comments. You can see my post above

You may not use OneDrive, but that doesn’t mean it won’t hi-jack your game saves. Check it and see if they’re in there.

I found save files in steam folder which have included my character saves. however I dont know next step what should I do ?

Sorry for my english not good

To make them local saves follow the instructions here.

save files being in steam folder doesnt’ change that grim dawn documents folder should still exist with settings folder/options.txt
if that folder doesnt’ exist something is already wrong
even if you say you don’t use onedrive i’d do manual browse for onedrive folder and see if it’s like computer/onedrive/documents/grim dawn - if that’s the case it means onedrive hijacked your folder

Thank you I gave up. I deleted all characters accidentally. Even delete my char. I couldn’t fix it and I lost all my enthusiasm :frowning:

how did you delete your chars?
if you followed the guide Medea posted then your chars werent’ deleted, you just need to set the cloud tag “ingame” off/leave the cloud checkbox blank
if you did something else than what the guide says then i don’t know what might have happened

If you moved your characters to local saves then make sure that cloud saving is turned off in both the Steam settings and the ingame Options menu. If one is on and the other is off then it can look as if you’ve deleted your charcters.

I found to solution

I noticed I couldn’t change any settings and I disabled firewall and windows virus now I can change keybinds :))

By the way thank you for your helping me.

Let’s start fresh play!!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.