I die because of bad UI

I am a ‘cabalist’ and have some pets:

Suppose some of them have been killed in battle:

Just guess, how much time will it take me to make out which of my pets are missing? Yes, it’ll take at least several seconds. During those seconds I will die.

The icons of the pets are indistinguishable and reddened out. I’ll be killed several times while my eyesight is strained staring into the screen, and my brain calculating which of the pet(s) are missing and must be summoned.
In the heat of battle, this decision should be made instantly and it should have taken a fraction of a second.

My suggestion is:

• first - make the icons of the pets instantly recognizable, especially during battle;
  • second - make the possibility to appoint a fixed position for every particular pet’s icon on the screen.

And the “third” - please consider the possibility of automatic resummoning of the missing pets if the player has enough mana.
I mean, every pet owner whose life depends on their minions would ever want all of their companions to be always present. So, why not make it automatic, probably providing some penalties for this convenience. Thanks.

2 Likes

You depict them quite nicely - how are those items indestinguishable to you? Maybe you should increase ui size?

If a summoner auto-casts its pets, what is there left to do… ?

And a sidenote: Never came across that burning skeleton. What is that??

suggestion

when pet dies, don’t remove pet icon completely, leave it, with hp stamina bar empty and X on icon or something

if you know your order of summoning it should be easy.

2 Likes

That skeleton is from the off-hand item “Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh”. This skeleton is called Revenant of Og’Napesh.

1 Like

Please, explain how can I leave the icons the way you’re saying . I’m new to this game, still don’t know many things.

Not at all.
That might have been a suggestion to the developers.

I can’t increase ui size, this is the max size for 4k resolution monitors. It’s also impossible to increase the size of the pet icons separately.

1 Like

You guys know what my advice is: next time buy a monitor with reasonable pixel density to avoid such problems.

2 Likes

have you tried setting the scale manually?
because you can set an absurdly high UI…
*wont fix the pet icon not being scaled separately ofc, just saying you could probably increase the overall UI if you wanted

is this bait? no idea, but it can’t be serious.
lets make games without mouse sensitivity settings and blame gamers for buying mice with dpi that’s to high…

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t want a huge UI. The UI size is okay with me and I don’t want it any bigger. Yet I would readily increase the size of the pet icons if it had been possible.

“4K resolution”

There’s your problem, this game’s engine is ancient and doesn’t support 4K at present. There’s even quite a few reviews on steam grumping about the lack of 4K support + the usual threads. But you can run the game at a lower resolution and it’ll be more readable.

Also, I can make those out clearly, even with the smaller field of view the image gives me. Which suggests to me you’re viewing it from either too far back, or you prescription for glasses etc needs an update.

Thanks for your advice. Yet I’ve found another game to play that doesn’t require prescriptions for glasses and other prerequisites that you were so kind to recommend.

Lawl.

Ah yes, because as per usual it’s everyone else’s problem. And you totes can’t just set the game to run at a lower resolution and upscale as need be to get a good trade off. Because it’s not like you don’t have a GPU capable of doing that, even though a very capable one is need to drive a 4K monitor.

And seriously, if you’re vision’s not 20/20, like it appears to be if you can’t make out the summon’s section of the UI, you should get it looked at. Because far too much small print is in actual small print and an inability to read that stuff can lead to expensive “fun”, especially with medicines and their interactions/side effects.

Mind you I can make out the size 6-7 writing on my sachet of pevaryl (atypical tinea for-the-itch) from my seat at over 40cm away from, because I still have excellent vision despite being an old bastard now and with both parents needing glasses…