I... don't get it

Fact is, everything dies in the blink of an eye EXCEPT bosses. I know every class has “nukes” and component spells, but as I said, leveling as “the nuker” just to completely change my build later on is not what I personally call a “smooth” experience. Maybe that’s what will have to happen, but I strongly disagree with the approach, and that’s perfectly fine, but I can still voice my disagreement.

There’s not much RR for a chaos aether ray build at level 20, nor are there many devotions at that point in the game. That’s why I mentioned that the difficulty scaling was fine when your build started warming up, which was basically when the main campaign ended and I got to AoM in most cases or at the start of elite. The later leveling experience is not a problem, the early game is. That’s why I barely have any interest in Veteran mode, because when I got to Elite was when my build started to look more like my build.

Maybe I’ll just have to take a turn and start doing the old “level this way until you can switch your build around” and change the way I play it, but to ME, I’d still prefer the other way. It will turn into a solo game tho, because my friend is way more stubborn than me on this aspect, sadly.

And, man, I’m getting tired of saying this, I’m not “bitching” about anything, specially not on the difficulty of the game, just posting my feedback based on my experience on playing the game in a certain way. You don’t have to be defensive of the game, I’m not saying it’s turned into a bad game nor that the devs are wrong and should follow my ideas. I’m all for options, though, and that’s all I’m talking about here.

The fact is without your build there’s nothing for anyone to know what’s wrong. Post a build.

I’m getting tired of saying this.

You want to help, help - post a build. :slight_smile:

We’ll be reducing health/damage a bit on Normal in an upcoming hotfix.

I stand by bosses needing more health than they had before though.

2 Likes

Just to test I started three new characters on Veteran today to level them up to ~10-15. Demolitionist , Nightblade and Occultist. All of the three we doing good. Enemies are not pushover they used to be but still fun and easy to kill.

2 Likes

When should we expect hotfix coming?

As no alarming issues have emerged, most likely next week.

4 Likes

Have a nice weekend Zantai! Thanks for the patch

2 Likes

That’s reasonable and I don’t like using leveling builds either (except like Veil of Shadows or Olexra’s because running around while everything explodes is the best)…that said, I also haven’t noticed any significant slowdown in raising a new character. Like ibugsy mentioned, it’s really hard to address your concerns without a specific build to see what the issue is. Are you sure it’s not something that minor gear changes could fix?

I am loving this veteran mode. Pls dont nerf in fact making it moar harder is good for us veteran and skilled players.

The newbies and peasant arpg players can play normal and to make it even better for them Crate should create a level lower than Normal and call it Easy mode.:expressionless:

Well tbh, and that’s not only for “Grim Dawn” but piss me off most of the modern Games nowdays, the way today “normal” is treated is from my perspective broken af. I recently started with Moonlighter and you know, unlike the classic good ol’ days they don’t follow the most consistent “Difficulty”-Ruleset anymore, where “EASY” was Easy and for Story-Folks only, and Normal would be your normal “difficulty”, still a bit of challenge for veterans and newcomers alike, but still somewhat fair -> No thats not how it works today, Hard is the modern term for “normal” and “Normal” is the new “Easy”… so the whole casual and newbcrowd doesn’t feel offended that they aren’t able to roflstomp everything on normal and dislike to choose “easy”, because nowdays everyone even the most casual players must credit themself as “experienced Players” and Easy wouldn’t do Justice to them.

So Sorry to say this, and that’s something which bothered me (and i’d argue many others as well) NORMAL was as broken as much as Veteran was… and the Veteran which we’ve now should have been the “normal” from the beginning… they rather should’ve have implemented it the other way around and offer an toggleable “easy mode”.

And before this whole “Elitelist”-Nonsense is directed towards me, i’m simply someone who grew up playing games on “normal” (so no supreriour complex of being someone who play hard or ultimate all time in games and trashtalk people who aren’t able to achieve that) and it kinda piss me off that normal 've gotten too easy thanks due modern standarts.

I’m 32 years old, I’ve grown playing games on normal/hard, and I have no hate for newcomers who find stuff too hard on them. That being said, I don’t feel the game was made harder because of the increased hp pools, as mentioned over and over again on my posts, but changed the pacing to ME! But as others mentioned already, maybe that’s a problem just on my end, and they have way more experience than me in the game…

I’ve first started Ys Origins on Hard and got my ass handed to me by the very first monsters I fought there, so I just took it down a notch and went to normal, or however the “less than hardest” difficulty is called there, it’s been a while. I know what hard is, I’ve grown with it, don’t take me for a guy who just wants games handing everything to them.

Maybe I’m just not as much as an ARPG veteran as most people here, and I do hope that, being the only one who thinks this way, my feedback is not being a deciding factor on their decision on hp pools. If it is, I’ll ask you guys to reconsider and let people like me try adapting to this new way of playing the game and following your vision of the game (it’s an awesome game!). I’m still having trouble with the start, but I’ll just dig the forums and ask for help if that keeps being the case.

I am waiting for “I am ZEUS” aka “Bannedforbeinggood” cries out and demands veteran to get harder xD

1 Like

In normal I find enemies are just as easy to kill as before. In fact because I generally know what skills to dump points in now it’s never been easier. However for the first time in a long time I actually had to kite occasionally. Previously the only time I can remember doing that was when that one shrine decided to throw 3 champions at me.

It’s hard to tell for regular mobs because they always died in 1-2 hits anyways, but I have noticed no discernable difference for bosses.

And where, in my whole Post, i hated newcomers who find stuff to hard or can’t handle an difficulty? What rather bothers me that developers need to adjust their Difficulty tagging so the ego of said newcomers isn’t hurt that they might not be able to beat normal but need to play easy instead.
And that’s bothering for me.

I’ve absolute no problem if there is an easy mode and people play them, i’m not trashtalk them because of that or what-so-ever, but please normal stay normal and easy as easy, so i don’t have to double and tripple check with each modern game if the “normal” is truly “normal” or i need to raise to hard because of this whole situation… obvious for this whole topic there would be also exceptions, like - let’s say Games which the difficulty is part of the core game and for Dark Souls an “easy mode” would simply not make any sense. But than again, this is an different Game and a different topic.

Than again i’m done with the topic for myself because i said everything i wanted to say.

Try posting a build you use. Again, otherwise why should it be changed? You haven’t posted any useful information other than you think it’s bad. You haven’t shown us a build where we could offer suggestions on how to improve it and improve your game.

HELP US, HELP YOU! :smile:

Might help if you told him how to do it.

Upload build to grimtools:

To upload your character to https://www.grimtools.com/calc/ click the ‘up arrow’ button in the upper-lefthand corner. If you have cloud saves enabled (enabled by default) your save file will be in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Otherwise it will be in \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Then click on the icon below the arrow and copy the link shown to paste here.

Veteran is not getting nerfed. Maybe we can get it buffed? Honestly all I want for GD’s future aside from further tuning of the weaker item stuff, is Veteran mode for elite and ultimate.

That would just narrow down builds because everyone would test builds in veteran Ultimate. Also, there’s SR, no one is gonna test builds in normal Ultimate, they will test them in Veteran Ultimate.

Veteran Elite would be fine because it would have to be still less challenging than Ultimate.

Eh, Zantai could just make a statement, “The game will not be built around veteran mode on Ultimate” or something. I’d just enjoy leveling in the higher difficulties more with it when I’m in the mood to get my teeth knocked in. But hey, mods!

Yeah, but then the same thing that happened with 150-170 Gladiator Crucible would happen here as well. Which was something meant for challenge only, but then people complained about the difficulty and it was heavily toned down.

I don’t mind Veteran being made harder but i think it could stop there. I was gonna say for the people that want more challenge to just mod the game, but you already brought it up.