I... don't get it

I am waiting for “I am ZEUS” aka “Bannedforbeinggood” cries out and demands veteran to get harder xD

1 Like

In normal I find enemies are just as easy to kill as before. In fact because I generally know what skills to dump points in now it’s never been easier. However for the first time in a long time I actually had to kite occasionally. Previously the only time I can remember doing that was when that one shrine decided to throw 3 champions at me.

It’s hard to tell for regular mobs because they always died in 1-2 hits anyways, but I have noticed no discernable difference for bosses.

And where, in my whole Post, i hated newcomers who find stuff to hard or can’t handle an difficulty? What rather bothers me that developers need to adjust their Difficulty tagging so the ego of said newcomers isn’t hurt that they might not be able to beat normal but need to play easy instead.
And that’s bothering for me.

I’ve absolute no problem if there is an easy mode and people play them, i’m not trashtalk them because of that or what-so-ever, but please normal stay normal and easy as easy, so i don’t have to double and tripple check with each modern game if the “normal” is truly “normal” or i need to raise to hard because of this whole situation… obvious for this whole topic there would be also exceptions, like - let’s say Games which the difficulty is part of the core game and for Dark Souls an “easy mode” would simply not make any sense. But than again, this is an different Game and a different topic.

Than again i’m done with the topic for myself because i said everything i wanted to say.

Try posting a build you use. Again, otherwise why should it be changed? You haven’t posted any useful information other than you think it’s bad. You haven’t shown us a build where we could offer suggestions on how to improve it and improve your game.

HELP US, HELP YOU! :smile:

Might help if you told him how to do it.

Upload build to grimtools:

To upload your character to https://www.grimtools.com/calc/ click the ‘up arrow’ button in the upper-lefthand corner. If you have cloud saves enabled (enabled by default) your save file will be in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata########\219990\remote\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Otherwise it will be in \Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save\main_{character name}\player.gdc

Then click on the icon below the arrow and copy the link shown to paste here.

Veteran is not getting nerfed. Maybe we can get it buffed? Honestly all I want for GD’s future aside from further tuning of the weaker item stuff, is Veteran mode for elite and ultimate.

That would just narrow down builds because everyone would test builds in veteran Ultimate. Also, there’s SR, no one is gonna test builds in normal Ultimate, they will test them in Veteran Ultimate.

Veteran Elite would be fine because it would have to be still less challenging than Ultimate.

Eh, Zantai could just make a statement, “The game will not be built around veteran mode on Ultimate” or something. I’d just enjoy leveling in the higher difficulties more with it when I’m in the mood to get my teeth knocked in. But hey, mods!

Yeah, but then the same thing that happened with 150-170 Gladiator Crucible would happen here as well. Which was something meant for challenge only, but then people complained about the difficulty and it was heavily toned down.

I don’t mind Veteran being made harder but i think it could stop there. I was gonna say for the people that want more challenge to just mod the game, but you already brought it up.

You must be new around here.

2 Likes

Fine, obviously everyone would insist that Veteran Ultimate is what should be built around and power creep would go crazy once again.

But uh, it was all a secret ploy! To ask for something unreasonable so you’d be more open to a lesser request, in this case: buffing veteran further! (I really felt it was super easy even solo-self-found so long as you have learned GD).

You must be new around here.

7 Likes

Nah, the optimism I show is a facade masking the mental scarring you’ve put all us playtesters through. We’re forever changed. Less in a way. Never to be whole again. But Grim Dawn was worth it :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @adoomgod!

3 Likes

Ive always loved Veteran, and I feel it was wise to include the 10% XP bonus to the mode paired with scaled difficulty. Better incentivizes time investment in build tweaking. Gets my dopamine production fired up just thinking about it.

The best part is the 10% bonus if multiplicative to item XP Bonuses. So you normally are getting 100% XP. You take a potion to get 200% XP, in Veteran that’s 220%, not 210%. And with lokarr gear etc. it’s pretty nifty.

2 Likes

Yeah this totally makes me want to grind like crazy, because i know ill be rewarded for it and that balances out the challenge of configuring the build juuuuuust right, so that i can reap the rewards

I appreciate that you want to help, I just think I’ll create a topic specific for that on a more suitable section of the forum.

I guess “I get it”, now. So I’ll just step down and say that the game is still fun and I hope this new challenge doesn’t prove to be too much for me. And I’ll hope that my post doesn’t help ruining the game for some people.

Thanks and sorry, y’all.

I can attest that on veteran resistances really matter now. Yesterday with 11 chaos res I was still just face tanking everything at lvl 42. Logged in today tried to face tank some chaos mobs and had to flee.

This is a good thing in my book. Thx crate.

its hard to build chaos aether ray at that low of a level. there’s not much flat chaos damage bonuses at that point. and the chaos rr availability is pretty rare. chaos is called a meme damage for a reason around the forum iirc. no idea how this changes recently.

is the problem here are bosses with spongy health? or something else?

well in multiplayer enemies get more health (i nvr played multi, so i don’t know the experience). though from what i’ve heard its easier in multi since rr can get stacked to uber levels and the bonus damage source from other players are big. not to mention bonus auras & support skills that will help everyone’s survival immensely.