I never realized

… you can talk to Riggs and get him to voluntarily send his associates after you after you’ve already completed the quest handing in the iris :no_mouth:

anything that took you a long time to notice?

3 Likes

Marcus, the one you met at Duncan camp that has funny looking face deserve to get Cairn best moustache awards. Only after playing several characters I realized, that his group will have updated looks and conversation if you choose Duncan instead of Angrim as blacksmith at DC.

His look and conversation if choosing Angrim
Virgin%20Marcus

If siding with Duncan the whole group use better armor and weapon
Chad%20Marcus

Unique only to him, he’s the only one changing helm in each different playthrough, proving that NPC also uses the illusionist service. Here is he with the AoM helmet.
Fashion%20Marcus

The first time I realize this, he’s using the Salvaged Helmet, making his moustache open for the world to admire.

7 Likes

For quite some time I found it completely self explanatory that you cannot use augments and components together in the same item. Wasn’t until I read about it in the forum. Before that I haven’t even tried.

2 Likes

Just yesterday I noticed a bridge near a house at rotting cropland wp. It’s about 10 meters away from a street, crossing the same river- rendering it useless. Who would invest hard work to build a bridge 10m from the next river crossing?

1 Like

I didn’t use Grim Tools Advanced Search to its full potential because I thought it’s bugged.
Whenever I selected, i.e. Physical Damage it didn’t filter such items out.
Now I’ve figured out you also need to select some minimum value for it, i.e. 1.

PS Isn’t there a similar thread already? Or is it just déjà vu?

1 Like

You’re probably thinking of this one, which isn’t quite the same.

2 Likes

It took me a couple years to realize there was a third option for the quest at New Harbor. I had initially seen the two possibilities if you visit before killing Cronley (which would be the natural approach) - help the people and they get killed in retaliation when you leave, or help the Cronlings by giving them the scrap they want or paying off the overseer. So I got into the habit of skipping the area since both options are unsatisfying. For some reason a while back I happened to visit (probably when my first character made an effort to grind Cronling rep) and discovered that if you talk to the NPC after killing Cronley, that counts as completing the quest, you get that small chunk of XP, and none of the NPCs die. Nice! Neat game design too; if there appear to be two options that suck, see if there’s a less obvious but much better third option.

A more recent belated realization was that arcanists don’t care all that much about aether-ground. Just pop Mirror and run through. :man_facepalming: Totally obvious in hindsight. Those types of areas have been on my skip list since my first playthrough; now I’ll try to remember to actually do them on my arcanists.

3 Likes