I really dislike some of the design philosophy

Like really. I know balance issues bla bla bla, buts it’s just boring. If you’re going to make a devotion that lasts 5 secs and have 8 secs cooldown… just make it a flat bonus already gdit. This concept permeates the game and it infuriates me. There, that’s my rant, i feel much better now. Also it’s stupid that physique is so mandatory even for caster classes, and at the same time its not all that good, since even tank characters have to run around like headless chickens instead of tanking shit.

1 Like

Your feedback is kind of vague but ok, I guess.

1 Like

62.5% uptime is practically 100% uptime, may as well round up!

Now that you got that off your chest, enjoy the rest of the game. :smiley:

1 Like

Most builds if made correctly can easily facetank the majority of the main game.

1 Like

1 Like

And that’s not conting time required for activation - you know, not every build keeps a spare skill ready to get an effect with 100% chance right on the drop of hat…

The point of the tank is to stand still and take every bit of damage . I am just trying to imagine the mental picture of a tank running like a headless chicken :bird:

about the devotion skill last 5 secs with 8 secs cd, maybe its a skill that’s meant to be comboed with 1 or several other skills. so you have other things to do while waiting for the 8 secs cd. maybe its that kind of skills that’ll be op if its cd becomes the same as its duration. i dunno.
the point of physique is to make sure your char isn’t one or two shotted by groups of strong enemies with unavoidable attacks. it isn’t meant for facetanking everything (except for several builds that are capable of facetanking most content). face it. some top builds are just better at everything while some other top builds are just underwhelming at everything.

I have a few spare heads if anyone lost theirs… :chicken::chicken::chicken:

Don’t trigger maya

1 Like

1 Like

Too late x1. Now we all have to run for our lives like headless chickens. :rofl:

4 Likes

can i beat you over the head? that’ll make me feel alot better! hahahaha

i just dont think its fun at all. i love the game world but these aspects of gameplay are meh. id rather have a proc that lasts 1 minute and has a 5 minutes cooldown honestly. what exactly am i supposed to accomplish in 5 seconds?

That’s far worse.

A lot can happen in 5 seconds in this game.

Post your build using grimtools.com you can upload your character file. That way people can give some advice on improving your character.

1 Like

You can accomplish a lot in 5 seconds or slightly more/less. Take Mirror of Ereoctes for example - 3 seconds of invincibility means for those 3 seconds you can safely go all out on damage and not have to worry.

Ghoul is similar on weapon builds where it skyrockets your lifesteal to the point where you can facetank some things you otherwise wouldn’t be able to handle for those 5 seconds.

i think op need to use other skills/do different tactics on the lull between proc durations and cd completion. like evil_baka said, some skills like mirror of ereoctes means 3 secs of going full offense on the most important target, then playing defensively/cautiously whe MoE is on cooldown.

try asking trozan sky shard players how they dealt with tss’s cooldown. iirc tss is a primary/secondary damage skill with ~3 secs cd. what do you need to do in those 3 secs cd? waiting idly for the meteors to fall on your enemies? ofc not. you’ll use another offense skills to fill in the gaps between tss. such as tss+cyclone(from shaman)+prm. that’s called piano caster build. other builds than piano casters might be based on using 1 or 2 heavy damage skills with medium cd, then they fill those gaps with auto attacks or buffs or any procs.

my point is, every build has some offense/defense activities that can be done to fill in the charging up moments of skills with long cooldowns/skills with weird short cooldowns like tss. if you post your build here, others can help you fill those unbearable 3 secs devotion procs cd with fantastic/decent/unamusing gameplay.

i’m going to post the grimtools of the character here. i was thinking on a kind of tank/debuff role to help my buddies push SR, but i’m starting to think it’s a no go. Guess i’ll just stick to my warlock, at least he melts shit down.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZq3R182

While I have a lot to say about GD design philosophy, your build is not an indication of bad design, but rather poor understanding of the game itself. I can easily build an unkillable tank that can aggro bosses and provide additional support to allies . In fact, that’s how we speedrun SR80+ In hardcore.
So, back to drawing board, m8.

i wont dispute the fact i suck at building tanks lol, i’ve always did dps roles. your post was not helpful at all tho, just some epeen waving. care to give some actionable advice?

edit: this is a grimtools of the general idea defensively i was going for, but there’s not enough points to get any offensive skills wich sucks. i’m open to ideas.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zD4M4Z