Idea about Grenadier-type gameplay

Heya.

I recently started a new toon, from scratch, no XP potion, no Lokharr set, nothing. And RNG blessed me with the Grenadier Shoulderguard. And I started wondering about a Grenado AND Canister Bomb build. Problem is that there is not a lot of level 94 gear supporting such a build. Aside Barrelsmith pistols, I saw nothing.

Suggestion: Add a Mythical Grenadier Shoulderguard, with points in either Flashbang or Ulzuin’s Chosen. Or even Blackwater Cocktail, whatever seems best

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aAkdE2

:man_shrugging:

Didn’t find looking for grenado skillpoints to be a problem, but canister bomb kinda is, especially lightning version. A legacy from the times when transmuter didn’t convert it to lightning.

• Ulzuin’s set supports Canister Bomb.
  • Various items support Fire Grenado.

There’s nothing wrong with for example making a character that prioritises maxing one of the 2 bombs and then gets the second to softcap for support/filler damage. You might struggle to hardcap both bombs and get everything else you’d want from Demo unless your second mastery is light on skill points (e.g. Inquisitor/Oathkeeper).

If you really want to try and make maxing both bombs work, you need to look around some more, gear pieces like Cindercore are options besides the Barrelsmith Twins.

For endgame gear it’s not terribly difficult to build full fire or lightning double bomb grenadiers:

As others have mentioned, the 3-4 piece Mythical Ulzuin set is core;

1. Cindercore + Myth. Aldanar’s Vanity (fire/burn)

2. Myth. Adversary (tricky to build, but kinda neato. Fire/burn)

3. Barrelsmith Twins

That said, I’m all for OP’s suggestion for blue shoulders, but since the Ulzuin Set dominates the bombcaster endgame scene any conflicting item slots probably won’t get used much.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2j4770Z

This was my RatA grenadier. Still fun for main campaign. I haven’t played in a while. But don’t mind them adding a Mythical Grenadier Shoulderguard either.

The more explosions the better so I support this.

Am I the only one who wouldn’t mind a Mythical version of Circlet of Burning Rage?. Possibly with the cooldown on Leander Greene’s Hand Cannon lowered down to 0.5-1.5s so one can make a carpet bomber.

This build uses grenado and canister bomb just fine.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.