[Idea] Adding Korvaak to SR80+ Boss pool

Hello, Korvaak has interesting design but he can’t be meet after sr80 (like some other bosses). He is celestial god but something like sr75 he is not a challenge (for a proper build) and do not require learning his mechanics or preparing for him, just mindlessy facetanking and fast dpsing is enough to take him down. Being able to spot him scaled like other celestials in high shards and being forced to actually care about his attacks and other mechanics would be not only a great challenge but either feel to fight actual god. And it’s always some coloration for shattered realm.

Other “big bosses” like Theodin (shattered version) or Loghoerran (his own version too) can be fight in deep sr so why not Korvaak? Maybe fight with Korvaak in some special room like with Manifestation of Hunger with his all phases from base campaign? I don’t ask of course for his own version because it would be too much additional work, basic one is totally enough.

Regards

2 Likes

I didn’t know you can’t meet him after 80th shard. More surprisingly I am yet to meet him in SR at all. Grant I don’t play SR as much but still have hundred 75th shards completed.

What I know is that he’s got substantial health pool, so it will be annoying fight. Maybe decrease health and scale his attacks past SR 80 will be good trade-off.

1 Like

At shard 81 you got 1 additional mutator and boss pool is changed, you can’t meet Mad Queen (thanks god), Morgoneth, his mages and some lesser bosses - in addition every shard you have 3 basic bosses + 1 shattered version of previous ones (like Gargaban, Theodin, Alkamir). Some bosses are considered harder than others so you can’t meet double Kuba/Grava/Alex/Kaisan/Shattered bosses as example.

Sadly Korvaak is gone and he is such a cool boss. Yes, some balancing around him may be needed but I can’t give any feedback around it because he is not in deep sr and in 75-76 every proper build will facestomp him like any other bosses.

1 Like

The more colorful boss pool the better! I would be hardly against only Rashalga, because she is waaaaaaay above any boss you can meet under sr80. I had some troubles with her and had to be extra careful in 75-76 playing melee builds able to pass ~90 and tanking whole 75 rooms without pulling.

If just adding one boss, I would vote for Korvaak - it’s a shame we have no possibility to fight real celestial feeling like real celestial. So for these who play for additional challenge (deathly waystones) - why not? In campaign he can’t be made hard as main quest boss so I don’t see any other chance.

Best thing still would be just special room with him like Gazer/Manifestation of Hunger/Seeker/Maggot has and all his phases from campaign. Big room and 1vs1 mean that even “little unbalance” here may be less issue because more room to kite/avoid attacks.

1 Like

Big no from me. Korvaak has 2 frustrating phases, a metric ton of HP (like 2 nemesis), summons mobs and has a chance of landing a one-shot blow. And the deeper SR is, the more frustrating, long and risky the fight would be.

1 Like

That’s what balance is for. Some health pool decreasing/damage. In deep SR there are still Gargaban and Kaisan who require camera thing or even glitching in worst cases. Kaisan was a little bit toned down tho.

The problem is giving real feedback about it. In old times there were 2 grava’thuls or Kaisan at once. Korvaak is under 80sr only so it hard to say exactly how this fight would feel in higher deeps - little bit tonning down probably but what more can we say?

If I would have some modding skills I would add him instead every shattered boss and give some real feedback how it feels with normal sr scaling but I can give only proposition now.

Edit: Looking at https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb-sr/

For scaling just decrease his health pool to Theodin Maurin’s/Gargban numbers - other 2 phase special bosses. It will solve some issue for 75-76 farming builds too. About damage I have no idea.

You guys frighten me.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Add Callagadra to SR :smirk:

1 Like

we did that in MOD, but Callagadra not enjoy SR buff. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I mean, Korvaak Mad Queen if add to after SR80+ , HC player will insane.

I think Boris the pitmaster would be a cool boss in high shards

Does anyone know where i can find the stats of the Shattered version of bosses?

I dont find them in grimtools - are they any different vs regular ones? If yes - how?

Yeah, Mad queen definitely not but Korvaak after little balance could be great boss :grinning: HP bringing back to other 2 phases bosses like Theodin/Gargaban and damage reduce for 20-30%?

@Glimpse https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb-sr/ It’s for 1.1.2.0 but values of shattered bosses should be same

Can u tell GT author when he freetime pls update SR monster database.

I’ve asked him, I hope he will update because there were some balancing changes after 1.1.2 and new monsters.

Thanks mate - looks like both versions are nearly identical with small +Phy resistance boost for SR version and rebalancing of resistances. Damage and abilities remain the same :slight_smile:

Shattered bosses got some additional abilities and reduced cooldowns, you can compare Gargaban to Gargabol as example, look at delay with same skills on both versions and Gargaban summons celestial maggots. Other bosses got same differences.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.