Idea for Future Pathing Update

I will not lie i do not know how to code nor even how video games work so this idea may be near impossible… would it be possible for citizens to automatically move to homes closer to their work sites. Tbh idk if this is already a feature and ive just never noticed or if it would be impossible.

Im really enjoying the game.
Some ideas to think about.
A port city, where you can build a port and naval docks for trading and fishing and defending.
Building bridges to cross vast amounts of water.
different types of crops which the traders bring in, ie corn, tomatoes, potatoes, cucumbers, some staple food from the time period.
Anyway just a thought.
Thanks
Montana

If you build housing close to work places then yes, your villagers will try and move into them. This has been a feature in the game since November 2022.

1 Like

There is this plugin that is intended just for that i think.

I have tested it - does something, but i am not sure how effective it is.

1 Like

Yea I assumed yall had already had something in place for that or there’d be a mod for it. But i’ve noticed they tend to be kinda stubborn ex. i order two villagers to work at a marketplace 300+ meters away and have plenty of vacant homes slightly less desirability but all the essentials; and still no one moves into said homes other than when children grow up/people immigrate i mainly build houses first then the work sites tho. Might be PBC or me being oblivious when they do move.

Thats ok, look forward to a DLC in the future.

What I’d love is to have a system where when you build a wall that intersects with a path, it automatically places a gate there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.