[Idea] Let's add Occultist support to Infernal Knight set

Speaking about useless sets, becoming meaningful, crown goes to Iskandra royalty!

But IK is far from useless of course. Just that adding Occultist will open new possibilities like caster Pyromancer, which despite dual RR sources sucks in current state.

I think ulzuin might give you a run for its money

Funny part is I liked the set with vires might and was bummed when they gave it weird borderline useless judgment mods

yeah…whats up with the chaos damage?

… With fire conversion for the skill

@Valinov: Z be a jelly hater

I want to say for fire/chaos sigil, but we already have 3 set (5 if you include blazeseer and unholy covenant) supporting sigil.
Unless, drop that sigil support in black flame set and move it to here… :stuck_out_tongue:

Vitality DEE is hardly work, let alone fire DEE. That offhand too need %burn damage on it.

Also, making aspect of guardian giving %all damage instead might help all of the non synergistic Occultist class.

Also again, please reduce all of the Occultist skill cost. Otherwise, add flat energy Regen somewhere please…

EDIT: However, adding Occultist support will make IK fully support 4 skills, which is not in line with other sets. I propose to omit the Thermite mine support for Occultist support… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Boo DEE, Boo Chaos Sigil, Yay Fire Sigil. Don’t mess up my Mythical Grim Fate Pyromancer, please. Forget chaos. I wouldn’t mind though if the set had a mod that converted chaos to fire for Sigil of Consumption, though.

I really want IK to be a pyromancer set, but I don’t think it needs more support than +2 to Occultist. The problem with IK is it’s neither fire nor chaos set - the main damage is burn. And the way DoTs work you would want more burn sources. Occultist got none. The solution is to thoroughly test spammable BWC (both fire and chaos) and make adjustments to accompanying items instead.

1 Like

No.

I want IK for the Fire Kalastor support.

1 Like

Sorry Madlee, I like this idea more…

2 Likes

there is nothing wrong with supporting 4 skills when you can only take 2 of those. Any item can have bonuses of up to 4 skills per template, and the item skill modifiers can be spread out between the other 3 items. There is no technical reason why it can’t be on the belt, or the shoulders, chest, or the set bonus. not EVERYTHNIG needs to be on the head.

You do realize that adding fire DEE support on the IK set has literally NOTHING nothing to do with grim fate, yes?

You can still keep your fire sigil. In fact, using tome of attonement for its skill mod to DEE will even help fire sigil more with its 50% chaos/fire conversion…

So if you voted against DEE, you may very well be shooting yourself in the foot

You do realize the original post is about adding chaos conversion to Sigil of Consumption to the set, right? That’s exactly not what I want and counter to the effect of Mythical Grim Fate. I don’t really care about DEE one way or the other, but if the Infernal Knight set were to have some kind of Occultist support, I’d much prefer fire Sigil and not chaos Sigil or some DEE mod that I’m never going to use or care about.

BTW, Tome of Atonement is total garbage because it has no burn damage, so no. Fine for Sigil, bad for everything else.

but that has nothing to do with fire DEE…

and yes, i know about tone of atonement

Always a pleasure to observe a discord among mortals. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Perhaps when the blue sets get tweaked and come out, we’ll see this on the Festerblaze set. The set is good for skills on RoK but needs some serious adjustments for everything else. It would be nice if it got some DEE support, too.

I feel that a blue set lvl 94 can be as good as a Legendary and the counter-argument is just a lazy hold-over from the older content concepts. For example, there are currently lvl 60+ relics and blue rings that surpass some of the 90+ “legendary” options. And GD becomes more about items with each DLC.

I guess we’ll see how much variety the blues tweaks will add.

Fire what now? There are still builds that use runes in this game? I thought RoH and RoK were just placeholders for Inquisitor mastery.

Yeah, but you do realise that’s going to be a very niche Fire build even with set support, right? I love diversity among classes, but I hate it when one archetype is just a beta-version of a better archetype. Chaos Pyromancer can be something unique and strong and not outshined by bigger brothers like Purifier or Shieldbreaker. Fire Pyro is just going to be meh okay, like a 4th best option for a Fire/Burn build.

1 Like

I mean, john_smith did a pretty good RoK spec, and jabby did one too recently.

I don’t remember those specs, but I suspect RoK was more of a support there.