[Idea] Let's add Occultist support to Infernal Knight set

Infernal Champion set is somewhat in the middle when it comes to sets’ strength. It offers decent Demolitionist support, but its set bonuses are nothing to write home about. Infernal Knight builds are usually inherently squishy and are carried by strong synergetic class combos like Shieldbreakers/Sorc/Purifiers.

I suggest adding Occultist as a third mastery to Infernal Knight. Pyromancer is one of the weakest class combos despite obvious synergy on Fire and Chaos fronts. It has Darkblaze set which is like behind every ranged Purifier and that’s about it. I think there are two ways it can go:

1) Add support for a fire/burn Dreeg’s Evil Eye.

There is an off-hand that enables that and it might seem fun. However, there are few problems here: first, there won’t be enough skill points to cap both BWC and DEE lines along with Mines and Curse of Frailty (and all the passives). Second, Fire Pyro is always going to be a second fiddle to Purifiers and Shieldbreakers and even Sorcs because how little support for Fire there actually is in Occltist.

OR

2) Add Chaos support for Sigil of Consumption

The blueprint is already there. Occultist has tonn of Chaos support, including Conduit mod with RR to Chaos to Pox. So add some Vitality/Fire to Chaos conversions to Sigil of Consumption, throw in another 15% RR to Bloody Pox and you got yourself a strong respectable Chaos Pyro caster.

I should also add that Infernal Knight set or/and Occultist mastery could use a bit of Energy regeneration, casters based on Occultist are very mana hungry (unless it’s a Warlock).

So what do you guys think?

• No, don’t make Infernal Knight a Pyromancer set
    • Yes, but do a Fire/Burn Dreeg’s Evil Eye
    • Yes, but do a Chaos Sigil of Consumption + Chaos RR to Bloody Pox/CoF

0 voters

DEE all the way

I think DEE is the better idea, since you have Black Flame, which covers the Sigil of consumption. ALS fire DEE can be used together with Tome of atonement.

It’s infernal knight so idk how you would incorporate DEE on a hellfire themed set. So sigil all the way.

My problem is that one of the two demo skills have to be scrapped from the set or it’ll become overloaded with bonuses. And I don’t want any of those two to go.

Given that i’m using it for fire Sigil/BWC Pyromancer with great results, i would hate if the sigil support was for chaos sigil.

The set already supports three skills (three skills get a +3 in the set bonuses). They would have to remove one in favor of either DEE or Sigil. Honestly would hate if either of the three would disappear.

This will probably get me lynched by the community, but…

Drop OK support. Add +1 to all occultist on belt instead. give +3 to DEE over heart of wrath.

we are already drowning in fire shieldbreaker support.

Pyro needs love.

EDIT: Correct me if I’m wrong…but isn’t dark blaze the only pyromancer set?

3 Likes

I could see the Judgment bonuses being replaced for something else as Justice set supports it for Fire damage as well.

However, I’d want to see some of the +x to Judgment/Crushing Verdict bonuses on Justice swap over to Heart of Wrath for more of a balance on the skill line as it currently gets +7 to the base skill, +4 to Crushing Verdict and +0 to Heart of Wrath respectively.

@mad_lee: you know what would be really cool/funny?

a fire set dedicated to, you guessed it, fevered rage.

How fitting would that be?

1 Like

But that’s the thing. Justicar is Judgment, Infernal Champion is Heart of Wrath.

1 Like

@norzan: excellent point. do you think heart of wrath should be dropped then, because i can see the argument for keeping it now that you’ve mentioned this, since HoW and judgment are mechanically very different.

Can I have an option 4?

I don’t see Judgment (includes Heart of Wrath obviously) being dropped from Infernal Champion because i don’t even recall an entire skill being gutted from a set in favor of another for as long as i been playing. Sure, there were drastic changes in some sets like Clairvoyant and Iskandra, but those didn’t had skills removed. The former had skills added and bonuses moved around, and Iskandra went from a generic aether/elemental arcanist set to a TSS focused set.

Edit: There’s Ulzuin and apparently Dagallon but that was because hardly anyone was using either. IK Shieldbreaker is pretty common by comparison to a 2H FS Ulzuin.

Fair point. It just feels weird to have 2 sets for the exact same skill line and damage type. Maybe if Infernal Knight fleshed out the Judgment side of it some more with skill modifiers for Burn damage or went all in on Chaos Judgment instead of Fire, I’d be more accepting of it.

Out of Legendary sets? It’s the only one I can find/remember that specifically boosts a skill from Occultist and Demolitionist. Out of Epic sets, Blazeseer exists for Fire Sigil/BWC.

Otherwise, Harbinger has historically been used on Pyromancer to decent success.

Make it Vindictive Flame/Bloody Pox and I’m on board :ok_hand:.

1 Like

vileblade set

RF wasn’t removed. Still gives skill bonuses to the base skill and Consecration. The mods were also literally just 12 flat acid and some poison damage, there was no conversion.

what about ulzuin set then?

That one definitely counts, but that’s because hardly anyone was using it. Believe me people are gonna be pissed if IK loses Judgment support. I know i will because i was one of the people that pushed for that inclusion in the beta.

Devs gave it Vire’s Might at first.

i think @thejabrixone was pretty butthurt over the changes to ulzuin set :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah…fair enough.

I guess my point is that I can think of a few sets which have had skills gutted from them completely.

another example would be how Dagallon used to have mortar bonus.

EDIT: @norzan - still though. given the popularity of IK shieldbreaker, it would indeed be a very unpopular decision should crate drop heart of wrath on the set.

I’m well aware some people got pissed with the change. lol

I actually suggested fire sigil to Infernal Champion in beta testing, but the devs didn’t made any change. It would be awesome for my Pyro.

And Word of Pain bonuses. Dagallon was in a dark place for a long time. Funny thing is now, no other set (including Epics) boosts Word of Pain in a meaningful way (Black Flame is the closest and just does conversion/RR - no damage, no skill bonuses). That said, I’m not complaining as it’s not a main damage skill anyway without procs and it’s got a nice amount and variety of non-set support.

1 Like