[Idea]: Let's fix Combustion's Band proc a bit

So Mythical Combustion’s Band got some really cool buffs in 1.1 that partly compensate for the nerf of Elemental Harmony set.

But Physical Resist Reduction on the proc is still a bit weird.

There are two ways to fix it - add %Physical Damage to the ring and leave proc as it is. Problem with this is that that will make this ring an automatic must have for any kind of Physical build, especially with Beronath sword (to convert flat fire). I feel like Physical builds got a lot of toys to play with already, and will have a whole lot more in FG with Oathkeeper beeing partly physical mastery.

Other way is just changing -Physical Resist reduction to a Chaos one. This will make a lot of sense. Ring has %Chaos damage on it and already fits into a lot of Chaos builds (like chaos Darkblaze Pyro or chaos Flames of Ignaffar Deceiver). And we all know that Chaos is the weakest damage type in the game with least amount of resist reduction sources.

In terms of balance I don’t think it’s going to make any chaos builds oupie but will surely help chaos build meta a lot.

I have a question, why the fuck does it increase chaos damage? I’ve never understood it, no one will ever use it on a chaos build.

The reason why it has that is because of the “melt through armor” phrase in the description. It’s the same reason why Inferno has physical RR (“melting armor”).

Ofc from a gameplay perspective it’s weird. An ideal solution would be to get rid of that bit of text (requiring work from translators, unfortunately) and either change the RR type to something else as you suggest, or just get rid of it.

In FoI, I’d rather have there some random aether damage than the physical RR. You can’t even make a proper physical FoI and the RR is way too weak to even consider picking for any physical build.

The band though, the physical RR is sometimes okay, if you have enough damage values and want some more RR. I’ve actually picked it once or twice for the RR only, ignoring all stats, but other than that it’s quite useless for both, chaos and physical builds (chaos builds have way vaster choosing if it comes to rings).

Sounds like a good idea… do it Z!

Just noticed something:

The Conflagration relic skill used to have Reduced target’s Armor on it:

When that was removed, the skill text didn’t change. So either Crate overlooked that, or it’s OK for that kind of skill text to remain.

Actually it’s good for chaos FoI to hard cap FoI. Too bad FoI itself sucks balls.

I also did try Physical FoI deceiver (or was it Apostate?) and it wasn’t even meme-tier, it was miserable.

I think “melts thru armor” description can be left as it is, fire magic does ignore armor (as any damage that is not physical does), so I don’t see the need of changing description.

grimdawn wiki is like 100 years old info

+1 from me. The resistance reduction didn’t make sense to me as well.

HUGE +1 to the %chaos RR.

As mentioned before, I’ll even settle for a measly -5%.

I have a question, why the fuck does it increase chaos damage?

It’s actually not bad. It’s quite easy to convert the flat fire damage to chaos damage, and the casting speed is much appreciated on chaos based casters.

It sounds weird, I know, but I’ve been experimenting a lot trying to make a chaos caster

you can use it on a pyromancer which is chaos/fire (BWC & Sigil) which is why it has bonuses to the skill destruction
or as Mad Lee sad a chaos FoI build

+1 to the %chaos RR.