Idea : Pet damage conversion on component skills

Just an idea I had when using the component skill enchanted flint which has the burning aura skill for pets. The component gives phys to fire damage conversion to the player (10%), It could be cool to add some conversion for pets too (10% - 20%) on all the component skills (coldstone, enchanted flint, riftstone, vitriolic gallstone, wrathstone and hell’s bane ammo).

This could be good in allowing pet builds to specialize in a damage type and would pair well with other phys-x conversions like Voidwhisper ring proc, khonsar ring proc, Yugul’s Ichor, Desecrator covenant set, etc. Even 10% would make a decent difference I think as most pets have a decent amount of phys damage (except some like storm spirit and reap spirit).

Also another idea to add 30-40% armor piercing to pets on the vicious spike component’s granted skill. This could make some piercing damage pet builds very viable (Pierce briarthorn + primal spirit Vindicator ? Pierce skeleton apostate ?)

5 Likes

I agree, mainly about pierce, this conversion can open up a whole new range of pierce/bleed pet builds including more ranged pet builds. But the conversion needs to be 100% or close to that, while at the same time mutually exclusive with 2x briarthorn, since I think that would overpower it. That’s why I proposed adding it to some underused medals yesterday, but this could also work in combination with components to reach 100%.

For some of the other damage types I think it could overpower early game in normal, in other words %dmg may have to be lowered then while in late game %dmg is better since you will already get 100% conversion with items like korvaak burning blade.

Maybe 20-30% base armor piercing for pets on the component skill and 100% increased armor piercing on a set/medal ?

Can also maybe have 20% base armor piercing on a devotion so then the only way to have 100% armor piercing is by having 2 vicious spikes(20% each), the devotion (20%) and the set/medal (100% increased).

Any other build would have 60% armor piercing which wouldn’t be overpowered.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.