Idea : Single Playthrough to 85

I love GD, and making new characters. But after running the main campaign 20 or so times across difficulties, I wish new characters were a little faster. I also still want to play new chars (not just dl a blank 85). As a compromise, what about a mod that makes playing through the main campaign once take you to level 85? How would people feel about that?

My idea would be for act 1 to be veteran difficulty and get you to around 35 or 40, up to smugglers pass elite difficulty and get you to ~65, and the rest on ultimate to get you 85. Drop rates / reputation would not necessarily be increased - this assumes you already have writs and at least some gear available.

From a technical standpoint, the basic idea doesn’t seem hard, just would require some fine tuning of the xp granted. The hard part would be the change in difficulties - things such as the resist reduction appear to be hard coded in the difficulty settings. Does anyone know a way to change these effects within a difficulty, or to make a difficulty start / stop at a different area (eg clearing warden unlocks elite, which then starts with warden already defeated).

playerlevels.dbr
Experience Levels
experienceLevelEquation
(((((playerLevelplayerLevelplayerLevel)^1.16)32)+((playerLevelplayerLevel)*300))*0.1)+36

Try
(((((playerLevelplayerLevelplayerLevel)^0.70)16)+((playerLevelplayerLevel)*100))*0.1)+36

If you want to check your actual exp at the end of a play through and compare it to the results from a calculator, that would be a better bet than my simple hack.