[Idea] Ultos Set: add Physical Primal Strike

So, this thought came up from the 1.1.4.2 topic.
Ultos’ Stormseeker (and it’s Mythical version) now deal full Lightning damage and this makes some reasonable questions.

Besides the bonuses to phys damage on armor parts the huge part of Primal Strike is Physical damage as well. And it also deals some bleed damage as well.
While bleed is still can find some uses physical part seems to be almost obsolete now (previously at average it had something like 45% of weapon damage on top of it).

So why not to add some option to Ultos set to do bloody physical Primal Strike spilling the blood and guts in chains?
1-handed characters can already achieve this to some degree with a Beronath, Reforged but 2-handers don’t have that option.
As I see it can be implemented in a same way with an aura toggle that converts Lightning (or all elemental?) damage to Physical.
This will make all those bonuses useful without crippling Lightning version.

physical primal strike is for the avenger set isn’t it?

Avenger seems to be more inclined to use Savagery over Primal Strike cuz all the bonuses to WPS and Upheaval (which seems to not proc on Primal Strike at all, correct me if I’m wrong).
And it totally doesn’t solve the problem with a Physical damage bonuses on Ultos set :slight_smile:

When making changes to an existing set, it is clearly better for Bloodrager (and gutsmassher).
Avenger is deeply tied to WPS, so there are many changes.
Bleedrager simply changes the Savaregy mod to Primal Strike and adds 100% Lightning converted to Physical to Primal Strike somewhere. The problem is that there is a lot to lose from Savaregy Line and that Feral Hunger doesn’t activate.
Of course, a new set would be fine. Thunder of drenched yellow would surely beautiful.:heart_eyes:

Well, I forgot PS had Phys flat damage, so maybe my last question in the quote isn’t so reasonable. But, it makes the change in the patch (significantly reducing the conversion) a bit questionable.

Beronath can’t be used for PS. The suggestions here sound like too much to me.
Here’s what I propose:

1. Give the Ultos helm, amulet and 2 piece set bonus +% Physical damage (like the rest of the set has)
  2. Make the conversion on the amulet a toggle skill
    Now the set works with Korvan Wyrm and Avenger’s Crusher if you want Physical PS.
    Possibly 3. Change the PS modifier on Wyrm to Internal Trauma, maybe it makes more sense with cooldown Primal Strike.

That’s what I said.

Well, this is exactly is what I proposed - make an aura-like toggle converting Lightning to phys.

You can still use the Ultos set except the Weapon/Amulet for Physical Primal Strike. There was no reason to use the weapon/amulet before as you’d be losing half of your damage via conversion. Instead, you’d likely use Avenger’s Crusher.

Sorry, but it sounds like you’re saying it CAN.

I’m suggesting making the 10% phys to lightning on the amulet a toggle so it doesn’t interfere with the damage. Not giving it a sick lightning->phys conversion that you can already get from the 2 weapons I mentioned.

Highly doubt this will happen as it would be inconsistent with the numerous other Amulets that provide 10% Physical->X conversion.

If you’re going for Physical, an option for the amulet slot instead of M. Ultos’ Gem would be Conduit of Wild Whispers with the prefix modifier for Devouring Swarm for that much needed Physical RR on Shaman.

I meant that there’s an item that already allow full elemental conversion but it doesn’t work with PS.

Yeah, this is the closest you can get to achieve desired effect. Loosing some set bonuses though.
Actually I didn’t know Avenger does full conversion when I started this topic. Probably this is enough.

I’ve been using that on an Avenger Warder, it’s pretty good, sure. I’m mentioning the change because the Phys PS is be missing out on a lot of bonuses to skills just because of 1 stat on the amulet, that is much less useful on the lightning build as of the latest patch.

I agree. It might work as a helm skill or it could just be removed to be consistent with the Stormseeker change :joy: