Ideas-Rants about Grava'thul in SR and Crucible

Hey fellas,

It is my first post on forums after playing the game +400 hours thanks to unemployment (I’ve only played 1 character; blademaster which is unfortunately melee and without pets - link at the end of the post) - so, sorry If i miss something about game mechanics.

I have some ideas about Grava’thul and her projectile which purges buffs (i want to adress her as she on account of she is a battleaxe like my ex-wife)

TL;DR:

*She is ok on regular campaign, all the things i rant about specially for she on SR and Crucible

1. She purges hard earned consumables along with other free buffs; it’s not fair to the effort and time to obtain them. It’s like you work hard for 1 month to get your salary and your wife spends all of it at one day.

2. She purges combo breaker procs which help you avoid death. Makes them pointless.

3. The purge projectile is harder to spot and avoid than other one shot skills (Alex’s thing fall from sky, easier to spot imho) other bosses/nemesis use. They get lost in other nasty things on the floor, also chases you like a goddamn dog chases mailman. Also if you in a situation that cannot run away from it, aether cluster can’t save you on account of the filthy projectile purges it as well.

While she is alone she is much much more easier to deal with, unlike my ex-wife. she is easily kitable, avoiding his buff purging dirty dirty projectile is much much more easier etc.

So here are my rants about her:

1. I’m nearly okey with projectile’s purging buffs (not really, more on later), but it also purges consumables which we have to farm to craft and eventually use them, to gain some more attribution, I think as developers intended. I like to use them on account of they help me to push higher SR and crucible - I want to say - floors. So she purging my “hard earned” consumables well above the unfairness what developers intended for higher SR floors. It is being unfair to hard labor.

2. Same filthy projectiles also removes proccs called “combo breaker” which helps you avoid death. so if she wants you dead, no matter what qualities you have, she makes you dead either by killing you herself of exposing you to abuse which other dirty arses brings to you. (confirmed combo breakers she can purge: ghoul, serenity, prismatic rage, blade barrier from nightblade masteries)

3. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against some dirty one-shot mechanics, I have been playing all kinds of rpg since 1997. In grim dawn there is another one shot skill using by Archmage Alexander (I’m not sure if there is more but I recall none). But Grava’thul’s projectile, unlike Alex’s, can easily lost in shit on the floor on account of her projectile moves on the floor unlike Alex’s falling down from sky, which is much more easy to spot. Also Alex’s projectile doesn’t chase you like a dog chasing a mailman. And if you don’t have anything to dodge Alex’s one, you can easily pop up one of the aether clusters you have.

Grava’thul’s projectile has more cast time and cooldown than Alex’s one but it chases you and you have to run like hell, charge, leap, blink etc. while dealing with other dirty bastards who puts shits on the floor, throws filthy things to you, hits you with things like axes and swords on account of wanting to kill you. This is hard for everyone but especially hard for melee characters on account of they have much less time to avoid that shit or have to spend more time to run, blink etc. and if avoiding skill from medal augments and/or skills like blitz, shadow strike fails and you get stuck, which happens a lot, you are dead.

Also if other dirty bastards have any slow, stun, etc. skill it is nearly impossible to dodge that projectile. and on top of all ill luck, if Time-Warped mutator apears on the upper right corner of your screen, understand that you are on RNG god’s naughty list.

My suggestions to developers, if i list them to more likely to less likely to happen in my humble opinion, are:

1. can you make that projectile doesn’t purge consumables? it is really really unfair.

2. can you make that projectile doesn’t purge combo breaker mechanics?

3. can you make that projectile not be cast by her at melee range? or reduce the travel distance of it, so it can be easier to avoid?

4. or, if possible instead of purging all buffs, it can make them disable for, some fair time.

Extra things I want to mention:

I think she is a real battle-axe on SR and Crucible because I can tank all other combinations of dirty bastards; Including most hated mad queen and reaper of the lost plus some other bastard(s) at the same time. Also I killed avatar of the mordrogen, ravager of flesh on ultimate, (I tried Callagadra 2-3 times only, her shits lower my fps above anything else) without changing the build beyond 3-4 points mastery, 2-3 augments and 2 devotions.

And even I’m a veteran RPG player who spent +10000 hours on RPG games includes games like whole series of diablo, WoW TBC, forgotten realms RPGs and tabletop FRPs, I’m an old chunk of coal now who is at the middle of the bridge called life. So my reflexes aren’t as good as used to be.

Also most of the rants can be caused because of my computer. The reason which allows me to spent 400 hours on grim dawn since 20th March also the reason for me having a laptop with Ryzen 3 2200U with integrated graphic card and 8 gigs of ram: Being unemployed, which is quite fashionable nowadays.

I hope Grava’thul gets - if possible - even more angrier at me cuz I ratted her out.

My current build:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7LLb5Z

Thanks for reading and considering my ideas.

Cheers,

Sechtdamon

Welcome!

Contrary to any of my beliefs, what you have here is a brand new person coming to the forums and what’s the first thing they post about?

Grava…

I wonder, if you were to gauge this validation on a 1-100 scale, where would it fall? Lol.

Food for thought.

Edit: FYI, everyone hates that nemesis or it seems.

I cannot even scale myself my good sir, on acount of I gained 60 pounds lately and everytime I step on a scale It makes cracking noises.

What can I say, I have more urge for reading than writing.

Joking aside, I just did not want to put anything on forums before I play Grim Dawn for a fair amount of time and spend serious time on reading. I’m going to post some other ideas and my build ideas. I took some notes while playing, theorycrafting and reading this and some other forums.

/raiseshand, self admitted piggy. Though in my defense I am taking care of a huge property, raising a 4 year old girl, and a nurse stuck in the middle of this crappy virus.

Grava is okay in main content, imo. He is so over tuned in SR due to combos with bosses. But since balance is not considered in SR 65+, what can I do.

Still, welcome to the forum of the best rpg out!!

P.S. it likely lands 100/100 in terms of how you feel about him :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Well, After my doctor kept telling me I look and sound like one for a month, I admit the idea of being pig.

I agree on that but I have other issues I listed as well. purging hard earned consumables or having one shot skill which purges combo breakers and aether cluster, in my humble opinion is more unfair than other unfairnesses which one encounter in SR.

And yesI kill her faster than most of other nemesis bosses in main content. She has fairly low pierce resistance.

the way i see it with grava is either his nullify needs to go, or his spam fumble pools need to go or be adjusted, then he will still be probably the strongest nemesis but balanced. Its not that gravas orbs just nullify you, they hit absurdly hard when they do, this is a problem in SR because trying to kite his null balls often leads you to accidentally pulling other bosses in the boss room.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Funnily enough there was another thread on this just yesterday.

And I’m sorry, but :grava: is definitely male. Grava’Thul was named after him and he suggested the special abilities that Nemesis has iirc.

Thank you my good sir, I was reading without submiting thanks to forum being open to read for non-subscribers

Well, she is named after his last name, so… Maybe he is inspired by an ex-wife or girlfriend. I’m just guessing. :slight_smile:

About other thread and tons of threads on this and different forums;

As I read - I don’t know if I read enough - nobody mentioned about purging consumables, I think not much player uses consumables (my idea based on the videos I watched, but only few players put videos on internet, I assume)
And also I wanted to share my brief observation and ideas which never mentioned before or doesn’t include enough details which can give good insight. Well… My observation and ideas might be not really useful as well.

And I said on main post, I guess people must describe their experience and observations instead of just how mad they are because of a skill, etc. because a pool of observations and ideas from different builds and different playstyles from different people give devs much better insight.

And don’t get me wrong I’ve seen much more unbalanced things from other games and also people ranting about totally doable things ends up content/dungeon/raid gets nerfed to the ground so more causal players can enjoy. And I can say again, The problem I experience with Grava can be due to my reduced reflexes and my computer’s limited ability.

Fun fact for OP(or not) Grava can nullify your Blade Barrier. You see the red balls and put your Barrier up, boom inevitable one shot to death. I have tried with Cluster, think it’s dispelled as well. Grava’s changing the rules sort of speak, since you can’t Nullify Fabius’s Barrier.

2 Likes

thank you sir, I needed confirmation on blade barrier. Adding to the main post.

I think most unbalanced thing is purging consumables but, it’s good to know and add other combo breakers to the list she can purges. I guess she can purge everything appears on left side of the panel.

yeah its a bit dumb that consumables can be purged. I think what would help if zantai still doesnt want to adjust grava and nullify is at least make certain abilities immune to nullify effects.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.