Hello from the new, old guy.

Greetings Grim Dawn faithful. I’m Josh Glavine, the newest addition to Arthur’s collection of badass (misfit) game devs, an honor that I hope to live up to.

That said, I’m not all that new. Arthur and I go back to the TQ days, where he convinced the Iron Lore founders to hire me despite an argument I had with one of them during my interview. It was my first honest game job and it was a madhouse. During my time at Iron Lore I had the pleasure of working on TQ, TQ: Immortal Throne, Dawn of War: Soul Storm and a badass prototype that never saw the light of day. Through long nights, fueled by now banned energy drinks (Chinese Rocket Fuel - It’s got shizandra in it!), we tried our best to keep Iron Lore ticking but it wasn’t meant to be.

Following Iron Lore’s closure Arthur started putting together Crate. I was there in the earliest of days but wasn’t able to stick it out. I took a job at Demiurge Studios where I worked on everything from Mass Effect to ACM: Bug Hunt Mode (the best part of a bruised and battered game) and wrote original concepts for games like “Gears of War: Exile” (may it rest in peace) and Marvel Puzzle Quest. Along the way I was design lead on a number of projects including Demiurge’s first attempt at an original title, Shoot Many Robots. It was a great time but it never quite felt right. A couple months ago, after listening to me bitch about making mobile free to play games, Arthur gave me a chance to come back to the world of badass games, hardcore devs, and energy drink addictions. It feels like coming home!

So here I am. I’ll be starting out by helping Zantai and the GD crew finish the upcoming expansion and then it’s on to future Crate projects.

I’m considering doing some streaming wherein you can listen to me rant while I work or get my ass kicked in GD or whatever else we’re playing. I’ll post when I figure out how that’s gonna happen.

What was your first dishonest game job?

Welcome!

Welcome Grava! Always good to see them expand the team.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Were you the bastard responsible for Dactyls?

Or perhaps, this?

So here I am. I’ll be starting out by helping Kamil and the GD crew finish the upcoming expansion and then it’s on to future Crate projects.

I’m considering doing some streaming wherein you can listen to me rant while I work or get my ass kicked in GD or whatever else we’re playing. I’ll post when I figure out how that’s gonna happen.

Awesome news, welcome to the team and of course the GD community! :D:D

can’t wait until you stream some of your gameplay :wink:

gr, the D :stuck_out_tongue:

Well the Crate family keeps getting bigger! welcome to the community! looking forward to sampling your work.

Well this is good news for Crate and GD on a whole.

Welcome Grava!
f2p mobile games? :eek: :rolleyes:
Good to have you back at the Crate badass team. Know that chinese rocket fuel is only a boarding drug for them …enjoy the ride…

New faces, nice. You guys better do a kickass expansion cause this game deserves it :slight_smile:

Welcome back home, Josh :slight_smile: Glad to see you back and kicking.
Aye, I hope this expansion won’t be the last one! The story is FAR from finished :slight_smile:

Ya, it was a thing I had to do.

Welcome to the team! I love what Crate is doing, seems like that got just a little bit better today!

Welcome to the team, Grava! Glad to have you aboard!

This piqued my curiosity, under the assumption of it being design/game related…

Good news, best wishes!
Great to see the team growing.

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

The team just keeps getting better!

Welcome Grava and congrats!

Can’t wait to see the realisation of all the awesome f2p mobile concepts and monetisation ideas you’ve brought along!

One of the above comments is sarcastic.

I can only imagine your interview argument was about something not having the appropriate level of badass.

Grava please do tell us if there’s anything in GD that you specifically work on and are proud of. Would love to be able to “see” your touch.

Welcome comrade! :slight_smile:

Nice! Hope you like it there. We are eagerly awaiting the expansion offcourse and I personally have no doubt in the awesomeness of it.

Good luck!

Welcome,friend! “finish the expansion” it means you are almost done? Perhaps we will have a Christmas surprise?