Hello from the new, old guy.

Welcome,friend! “finish the upcoming expansion” it means it is almost done? Perhaps we will have a Christmas gift from you?

I really hope the only thing in Crates future is Grim Dawn… seriously

Or at least a GD2 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome to one of the best communities around

I’m excited to see if Crate are working on a new engine for their next game, whether GD or not!

It feels weird to say this when I’m so new here myself, but welcome! :slight_smile:

Could you share what part of TQ+TQ:IT you were working on. What the biggest challenges were for you personally during the TQ production, and the most important things you have learned about game design?

That is great news !!! Welcome :).

Welcome back. I think this is one of the reasons I’m glad I’ve supported this game from the start. The dev team are a great bunch of folks.

Welcome, Grava! Hope you enjoy your newfound freedom from mobile hell.

Welcome, Grava. Glad to see the Crate team growing and can’t wait to see what these “future projects” will be.

Haha welcome! :smiley:

I have three questions if you don’t mind.

First, you mentioned you had an argument on your interview, what happened? Sorry for asking this and if this a personal issue then please ignore this question.

Secondly, what can we expect from the expansion? What new masteries will we get? This is not an optional question, you have to answer this. :stuck_out_tongue:

And thirdleey, what new projects will Crate have?

Thanks for taking the time to post this thread! Good luck in the future!

Mobile has faster development time and better income return rate if you pay enough for human psyche research. Still, i hope you will be happy here.

I wonder who was the responsible guy for dactyls and medea archers…

I won’t post any names, or get into specifics but it was an argument about how something in Diablo 2 worked.

These two aren’t for me to answer, just yet. I’ll leave it to Arthur and the crew to discuss what’s in Crate’s future and I’m sure we’ll keep rolling out info about the expansion as it progresses.

As for what comes next, one of the reasons I decided to come back to Crate is that Arthur has built a killer team of devs who are also players. We all want to make badass games, that you guys will love and that we’ll love too.

Welcome to Grim Dawn and the forums, glad to see another dev joining the Crate team. Especially someone familiar to them. Any teaser screenshot on what you will be working on? :wink:

Well its good that you are back, and yes, Crate is certainly a team to be reckoned with. So how many devs do we have now? and how many from Iron Lore? seems Crate has several members from that former studio, but anyway, as long as crate doesn’t make the same mistakes a that studio, and makes games that are great and without a publisher, then hat will keep a lot of people happy!

Thanks for answering! This is the best dev team ever!

What are those dactyls you guys are talking about? Also, What game and what platform?

Welcome :smiley:

Welcome aboard! I guess the phrase “what’s old is new again” applies here.

I look forward to the new f2p GD mobile game! :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, on TQ I made a big chunk of the game’s levels and on TQ:IT I must have made half of them, including the secret passage with some help from Arthur and Parnell. Funny story about that. I got in a bit of trouble for putting it in the game. It was added just a couple days before we made our gold master. The producers were livid but I thought the game needed an Easter Egg that paid homage to the team. So we crammed it in there at the last minute.

The biggest challenge for me during the development of TQ? This is a tough one but I think it comes down to this one thing. The creative direction of the game was frustrating for me, at times. I wanted to see it be a little more grim and hardcore. In retrospect I think it worked out fine.

The most important things I’ve learned about game design.
1 - You’re often wrong when you’re convinced you’re right. I always fight for my own ideas, but I take other people’s ideas and opinions very seriously. I’ll often go off and obsess over them for days until I come to the realization that they are right (or sometimes wrong). This is something I learned from Arthur.
2 - (This is directly tied to #1) A designers job isn’t always to have the best ideas or the right solutions to a problem. His job is to develop the best ideas or solutions, which often means going out and finding them. New designers frequently feel like it’s their job to have all the answers and this leads them to assume they’re right all the time.
3 - It’s easy for game devs to get so jaded and over experienced that they lose sight of what their audience really wants.
4 - I must be a damn robot because I can’t read the CAPTCHA image verification on this forum.

Welcome to you Josh Glavine !

Titan Quest and the expansion Immortal Throne. It’s Grim Dawn’s daddy sort of speak. You should take a look into it. It’s a great game.

On topic: Welcome! Very glad to see the team expanding with valuable people and thanks for your insight on your work.

Not much more i can really add at this point but still, Welcome to the forums and glad to hear you are back at Crate, Grava. :smiley:

I’m sure you will do great work and be a valuable team member based on your background. :slight_smile: