If your class combo could get ONE skill from a third mastery, what character would you make?

Just thought it would be neat to see what crazy stuff would be possible, if we were allowed to grab ONE single skill from a 3rd mastery. Includes the skill’s upgrades. So a warlord taking IEE, also can take the connected nodes.

Is this something you guys have ever thought about? Like “On this build, if I could only grab that ONE SKILL from another mastery it would be perfect!”.

2 Likes

Reap Spirit on a Conjurer :rofl:

4 Likes

Haha I knew it :wink:

I’d pick Briarthorn for my cabalist.
Vindictive flame for paladin would be nice for a “complete” auradin.

1 Like

Or Briarthorn on a Cabalist?

1 Like

Paladin can also use that Blast Shield.

If we look from utility point of view having third skill with -RR will be broken.

2 Likes

Divine Mandate on fire Defiler.
Word of Pain on chaos or aether Warlock.

2 Likes

Vire’s Might for mobility for every character petition

1 Like

Commando + necro’s “Mark of Torment”

AoC for Saboteur.
Mogdrogens Pact for Witch Hunter.

1 Like

Need that sweet Primal Bond, so Cabalist won’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How about byrd on shaman? lol I would just love another pet on any pet build myself.

1 Like

Saboteur + Aura of Censure

Edit: 2nd choice = Reaper + MSoP including Conversion node.

3 Likes

Chaos Saboteur + Possession

2 Likes

I think about this constantly. But not quite in the way prescribed by the OP. I am always aware of the games I jump into and I’m seriously conscious of those team buffs and skill dynamics when building a team to push DEEP SR.
Attempting to follow the theme of the thread though to have a solo character with an additional skill from another mastery would have to be a bleeding archon with blade spirits or a bleeding trickster with guardians! Just too damn OP~ even though bleeding is my least favorite damage type.

Spectral Binding line on Battlemage

Fire Strike line on Tactician

1 Like

Saboteur + Aura of Censure

That already exists, it’s called “Infiltrator.” :snark:

Having just one skill would really open up pet gameplay so that people would be fine with taking unusual class choices (though skill points are super tight on most builds, so I don’t know how you’d be able to fit enough free points for the third option).

Fire Skeletons Apostate + Flame Touched nodes would be awesome for a nonconventional pet build, and would probably be able to fit the skill points in.
Diviner’s Pet Spellbinder just needs Devouring Swarm to get lulzy damage values.
Guardian of Death’s Gate Pet Death Knight with Bonds of Bysmiel. :wink:
A hybrid Blight Fiend / Poison caster Cabalist might be viable if you had Path of the Three.
You can finally make a Dracarris Pyromancer work, probably with just Briarthorn as stuff like Seal of Khonsar gives bonuses to Empowering Presence anyway.
Witching Hour might become a viable hybrid as well, maybe as a Deceiver with Raise Skeletons

For non-pet builds, adding item modifiers make the possibilities real crazy. How about DW Blaze Herald + Bonemonger Infiltrator with Smite. Or Upheaval of Balance Druid with Deadly Aim.

3 Likes

Avenger Warder with Guardians of Empyrion so I can send fools into the stratosphere with one attack.

Rune of Hagarrad on a Trozan’s Druid. No question.

Fine I guess I’ll say the lame answer:

Curse of Frailty on a Cadence Warlord.

:faction_legion:

2 Likes