Im having a real problem recompiling a .arz mod file

I have dawn of masteries , its working fine and im inove with the mod but the problem with it is the ui goes beyond my screen edges cuz i have an old laptop and plays on 1024x768 at 30 fps stable so the mod requires me to go for a higher resolution and that results in lower fps …

So i asked mamba the modder of dom and he walked me thorugh extracting the files and reverting to vanilla ui then recompile , but when i build the arz with AM i get lesser size file missing meshes like characters faces and weapons even when i start the campaign i get a stuck camera and the character runs away from screen … Its just a big mess up

I even repeated the whole process again checked every extracted file with winmerge , did all what i could till last night my thread got closed at dawn of mastery original thread without any solution to my problem and cant ask anymore of mamba … thanks to him he did his best while hes busy modding and updating .

P.s : i extracted the files using (grimarz) and buily through AssetManager without a single error line during the process .

So all i need to revert the ui back to vanilla to fit my screen res and just play the mod , so why is it so hard and difficult ?

The OP had sent me his arz and I could not extract it with ArchiveTool (AT just sat there for a few secs, then closed without extracting anything).

So I believe the arz is corrupted, what I do not understand is how AM could create a corrupted arz in the first place.
I also have no idea what would need to be changed for AM to create a working arz

1 Like

im just dropping to let you know that the file has been combine SUCCESSFULLY \o/ yaaaay

it seems the grimarz tool was corrupting the files , i kept looking for another tool and i found archivetool GUI and it worked , everything set and the ui is back to vanilla and the game runs flawlessly :smiley:

only 2 issues :

• copied cravan , inventor and transmuter folder from vanilla over dom and got blacksmith , stash and illusionist back to vanilla , but the inventory is back to vanilla too even tho i didnt change a thing and kept the original dom files .

• changed devotion cap in gameengine to 64 via winmerge and saved then built , nothing changed …

so what am i missing here ?

That is impossible. Delete whatever you have in records\ui\character and copy the DoM dir over.

Also make sure you have the ‘Grim UI X-Mod.arc’ in the resources dir

Will do that once im home , thank you

Btw, did you mean the resources dir in GD dir or where exactly ?
And what about the changes i made to gameengine.dbr they didnt count !?

Nevermind the arc, you copy your arz into the DoM mod, so that takes care of it.

Same for gameengine, it is impossible for a change you made to not be in the resulting arz

Ok , i copied the templates to GD/resources , then made sure to overwrite the character in dom working directory with character from dom records and built and the got the big inventory :wink:

Still the gameengine didnt change devotion cap even when i copied it over the vanilla database in working dir and the same for dom … no change

How do you tell the max devotions haven’t increased?

What you say is impossible. If you want to verify, extract your arz and check the value in gameengine.
If somehow it is not 64, change / save the gameengine file again so AM builds it again.

How do i tell ? Well i looked a5 devtions while playing right now and its still 55 and i changed it twice via winmerge ane savee z i even changed the vanilla one along with dom while building

You have to change also the dev in player.levels (RECORDS/CREATURES/PC/PLAYER.LEVELS)

Well something seems off with that file , it shows max devotion points 50 and max player level 85 and there is no player levels file in dom !

You have to copy the original file from GD in DOM

But i dont have that gdx2 dir in working/mods dir , only dom … so i drop that in dom dir or should i create a dir for gdx2 there ?

That is how the Ashes OM is named when extracted , the latest “player.levers” file is located in there .
Look where you extracted the game file for gdx2 and from there you have to copy the file in dom

If you do not know/remember where you extracted the updates then here you have the file Player.Levels

Like is said before the file should be placed in “dom\database\records\creatures\pc”

Edit : I said it is AOM but the gdx 2 is for FG :sweat_smile: i amaze myself sometimes :rofl:

And you have just amazed me :smiley:
It worked thank youuuuuuu

Finally i can enjoy the game … thank you and happy new year man

Thank you for your help guys , really appreciated

Happy New Year yall :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

You to man :partying_face:

1 Like