I'm in a strange place right now

That is true. But experience players could/should be able to adjust build for beginners.

What has been mentioned over and over again is also that it is perhaps not the builds themselves that needs to be changed but the play-style of them.

You guys managed to make me feel a whole lot better in a very short ammount of time, thanks ya’ll :D:p

10/10, would read this pitiful story again.

As it’s a single player game mainly, you can also do a ‘semi-hardcore’ in a way you choose:

Create a backup folder of your characters (disable Steam cloud saves if on Steam) . Back up your characters once every session/day/week/month or whatever. Then when you die, you still lose a fair bit of progress (depending on last backup) but you’re not back to square one.

If you feel like this is cheating, it’s a single player, non-competitive game, so figure out what works best for you to enjoy playing

Or play softcore and allow 3 deaths and delete char after 3rd death.

Srsly man.

Stop playing games. Go outside.

Describing friends as “some […] russians” and indirectly insulting them for cheating (=their way of having fun => completely legit) doesn’t sound very mature to me.

Your addiction to gaming is apparent, and your emotional connection to that dead character is in a way very, very sad.

Get help if needed.

In any case, go outside.

Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch, OP.

Getting over the loss of a big investment like an ARPG character is definitely the toughest hurdle to get over in hardcore mode. I myself can’t bear to do it and only play Softcore (doesn’t help that I like playing recklessly and would generate a fair pile of dead HC characters :eek:).

I would recommend going on a little break, taking a few breaths and reminding yourself that, at the end of the day, Grim Dawn (and all games) are there to entertain you and not be taken quite so seriously. Come back refreshed and relaxed and ready to tackle Hardcore mode once more!

I’ve received numerous messages from users over the years describing how Grim Dawn had helped them get over depression or other difficult times. Hearing how our work helps people is honestly a great thing to hear and one you don’t really expect to hear when you developm entertainment products, but there you go. Perhaps with a refreshed perspective, it can help you too.

I’m going to move this thread as I’m not sure it really falls under “Ideas and Feedback”.

What I really wanna know though is is Zantai making godly builds and never showing them to the forum because he is always ahead of the meta (and knows the game from the inside) or is he playing some basic cookie cutter sometimes unoptimised noob builds without even a hint of min-maxing :slight_smile:

EDIT: I Just realised that Forcewave and Soldier are the most nurtured things in the whole game, so I am guessing it’s some 2-button physical forcewave comando :)))

Totally get what your saying alien emoji. I’ve lost high level hardcore characters and still haven’t finished base game in ultimate after 750 hrs! Had one character die at the penultimate boss on ultimate. The price we pay for going hardcore.

I’m trying to go softcore too now, just so I can experience more of the game. It’s not as if my builds are naff, deaths often happen due to just being careless. Started a new witchblade and am level 48 at beginning of elite. Maybe this time I’ll do it.

Softcore just doesn’t have that edge to it that hardcore provides though. It’s bloody stupid really, it’s only a game, but that’s how I’m wired. I think GD lends itself well to hardcore, for me it’s the best balanced arpg and has so much depth.

GD is king and my favourite ever game…just wish I didnt feel so compelled to play hardcore😕